Down Up Dick's latest activity

• Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Amalgamated Guitar.
    Your info has been helpful in the past, clear, and you have tried to help me many times. I appreciate it, thank you. Dots are what I...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick reacted to ripock's post in the thread my ukulele progress with Like Like.
    I made supper with a lot more ingredients than usual: 1. trout with garlic powder, red onions, seasoning salt, and olive oil. The...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Amalgamated Guitar.
    Yeah, I‘m familiar with Fred Sokolaws name. I may have bought one of his books a while back. I’ll keep his books in mind, but I have...
  • Down Up Dick
    Well, I finally gave up on Classical Guitar. It was just too fussy and hidebound for me. I didn’t like the silly leg rest or the $85...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread my ukulele progress.
    Yeah, I had some good ol’ Chili and corn bread muffins two days ago and today again for lunch. Always good, but especially on a chilly day.
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread my ukulele progress.
    Glad to hear that you’re done with the Covid and that your wife is on the mend. I enjoy your cookin’ stuff. It’s strange (to me) but...
  • Down Up Dick
    I‘ve been whistling or humming Pavane by Faure’ all morning. I usta like to play it on my flute. It’s a beautiful haunting, minor...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Singing Sessions.
    Well, I sang tonight before supper. I had some trouble finding my key (C or D) though. The key of G seems to be very popular in most of...
  • Down Up Dick
    It's something else alrighty! I like the combination of skills, great sounds. Thanks for the introduction to Marcin. I'll check out...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Mandola (Mandolin).
    Today I sent for some lighter strings and some heavier picks for my mandola. Its strings are very tight. I can fret them, but they’re...
  • Down Up Dick
    Today, I spent some time listening to Marcin on guitar. Wow! Somethin’ else! I really think he’s great. Have you heard him? Wadaya...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Harping Again.
    Today, my left hand index finger tip was sore so I decided to skip the fretting and play my harps instead. I had a good time playing...
  • Down Up Dick
    Yeah, the spaces between the frets on my guitar are huge and difficult to reach, yet my hands aren’t particularly small. I can play most...
  • Down Up Dick
    Thanks a lot, Clear. I’ll give ‘em a try tomorrow. They look like what I need.
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick reacted to Rllink's post in the thread Tenor Guitars, Classical Guitars with Like Like.
    My guitar teacher wanted me to be able to span four frets with my four fingers. At first it was a challenge but over time the span got...