Down Up Dick's latest activity

• Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Seated Playing.
    Clear, what is a guitar support? /// Oh, never mind, clear, I looked them up on Amazon. They’re pretty expensive and look a bit...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread World Series.
    Yeah, Mike, it really was a “too bad” thing. However, I’ve been thinking of dropping sports anyway. I’ll probably watch this World...
  • Down Up Dick
    Yeah, Mike, I agree. I would really rather stand and play though, but then everything starts ta hurt or tire.
  • Down Up Dick
    Are you kidding? Everything is political now days. Look around and you’re sure to see some new, stupid law.
  • Down Up Dick
    You’re welcome.
  • Down Up Dick
    Well, they did it. A very close game, and the Giants got a bad break - too bad. However, the Dodgers are still alive.
  • Down Up Dick
    I helped a member who was having a harmonica problem a coupla days ago. Then yesterday I played one of my harps just to see if I could...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Harmonica Help.
    The way I learned was to just sit with a C harp, and draw, draw, draw while turnin’ my tongue every which a-way. Then, one day, POW! I...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread tuning options for baritone.
    My Baritone is tuned to DGBD. I use it for finger picking and for learning slide Uke.
  • Down Up Dick
    Do whatever the book says about draw bending, and try and try even if you get discouraged. Then, all of a sudden, it’ll happen, and...
  • Down Up Dick
    Yeah, Bill, so do I. I use straps too. They really help with fretting.
  • Down Up Dick
    I find that playing My Blueridge 6 or even my Kala TG while seated is very uncomfortable. I know the right leg and the left leg...
  • Down Up Dick
    Well, the Dodgers have now lost two and won two. I must admit that I don’t mind watching them so much when they win. I guess I’m a...
  • Down Up Dick
    You’d have to draw-bend the 3rd hole, but that’s pretty advanced for you. Do you have a book? If so, look up draw bending, but it...
  • Down Up Dick
    Down Up Dick replied to the thread Tenor Guitar.
    Yeah, I really like Iris Dement. I have some of her CDs. I’ll see if I’ve got it. I’m not sliding right now. I’ve been working on...