Recent content by Down Up Dick

1. Down Up Dick

Seated Playing

Clear, what is a guitar support? /// Oh, never mind, clear, I looked them up on Amazon. They’re pretty expensive and look a bit cumbersome. Besides, I already have a foot rest, and it works okay. Thanks anyway though.
  2. Down Up Dick

World Series

Yeah, Mike, it really was a “too bad” thing. However, I’ve been thinking of dropping sports anyway. I’ll probably watch this World Series stuff (my wife really likes it), and that’ll be the end of watching sports for me. I’ve already stopped watching college football. I’m not much of a tv...
  3. Down Up Dick

Seated Playing

Yeah, Mike, I agree. I would really rather stand and play though, but then everything starts ta hurt or tire.
  4. Down Up Dick

World Series

Are you kidding? Everything is political now days. Look around and you’re sure to see some new, stupid law.
  5. Down Up Dick

Seated Playing

You’re welcome.
  6. Down Up Dick

World Series

Well, they did it. A very close game, and the Giants got a bad break - too bad. However, the Dodgers are still alive.
  7. Down Up Dick

Harping Again (?)

I helped a member who was having a harmonica problem a coupla days ago. Then yesterday I played one of my harps just to see if I could still draw and blow bend and if I could remember how to play. And, doggone, it pretty much all came back! Well, I thought about how much I usta enjoy the...
  8. Down Up Dick

Harmonica Help

The way I learned was to just sit with a C harp, and draw, draw, draw while turnin’ my tongue every which a-way. Then, one day, POW! I did it. The rest of the story is history.
  9. Down Up Dick

tuning options for baritone

My Baritone is tuned to DGBD. I use it for finger picking and for learning slide Uke.
  10. Down Up Dick

Harmonica Help

Do whatever the book says about draw bending, and try and try even if you get discouraged. Then, all of a sudden, it’ll happen, and you’ll be able to do it all the time. C harps are the easiest to bend - I think. It’s a lot of fun and sounds cool. Then, Ha!. you can start on blow bending...
  11. Down Up Dick

Seated Playing

Yeah, Bill, so do I. I use straps too. They really help with fretting.
  12. Down Up Dick

Seated Playing

I find that playing My Blueridge 6 or even my Kala TG while seated is very uncomfortable. I know the right leg and the left leg positions, but don’t care for them. So I’ve been using a classical guitar foot riser. Does anyone else use one? It works pretty well for me. I‘d really rather...
  13. Down Up Dick

World Series

Well, the Dodgers have now lost two and won two. I must admit that I don’t mind watching them so much when they win. I guess I’m a fair weather fan. one more ya go . . .
  14. Down Up Dick

Harmonica Help

You’d have to draw-bend the 3rd hole, but that’s pretty advanced for you. Do you have a book? If so, look up draw bending, but it takes a while to learn. Can you play your tune in the middle register?
  15. Down Up Dick

Tenor Guitar

Yeah, I really like Iris Dement. I have some of her CDs. I’ll see if I’ve got it. I’m not sliding right now. I’ve been working on other stuff.