DownUpDave's latest activity

• DownUpDave
    DownUpDave replied to the thread Risa electric ukes.
    Good Public Service Announcement. They are a great instrument, I owned one for a couple years. Back then I wasn’t really into the steel...
  • DownUpDave
    I have a few plastic ukes and as others have mentioned they are great to keep in the car and not worry about weather changes. I also am...
  • DownUpDave
    Exactly what he said, even the shape and depth of the neck effects mechanical leverage. I have a number of tenors with the same strings...
  • DownUpDave
    DownUpDave replied to the thread NGD - Bird Bird.
    That’s has a nice full sound with good bass for a smaller guitar. I like the sound and very nice playing on your part too. Enjoy it
  • DownUpDave
    That is an absolutely beautiful instrument, the high quality craftsmanship really shines through. Congratulations it’s sounds as great...
  • DownUpDave
    A 19” scale instrument can require some string experimentation to get the right feel and sound. Going down in gauge, ie a concert string...
  • DownUpDave
    I have two nylon string guitars (sorry Merlin666 but old names die hard, lol) and I enjoy the sound of them for a change in tone. It’s...
  • DownUpDave
    DownUpDave replied to the thread Low G on soprano.
    I think that Anuenue would sound good with the cedar top in low G. I have tried a few of my sopranos in low G and a softwood top (spruce...
  • DownUpDave
    DownUpDave replied to the thread NGD - Bird Bird.
    Congratulations, those small Anuenue guitars are really sweet. The salted maple rosette is classy. All the small guitars I own have a...
  • DownUpDave
    DownUpDave replied to the thread String-through bridge.
    I have done this conversion as well, but not for the issue you have. I don’t think the tension of a nylon string would be enough to pull...
  • DownUpDave
    I am a Brooks convert and have the B17 carved in “Koa”. I also have the B17 in “Ebony”. Yes they certainly open up with time
  • DownUpDave
    DownUpDave replied to the thread Strap Pros and Cons?.
    I have a strap on everyone of my ukuleles, it helps me play better. I love all the “it’s a crutch, it’s non-traditional, it’s for...
  • DownUpDave
    Steel string acoustic and nylon string guitars have fretboards that bow away from the strings. This allows the strings to oscillate and...
  • DownUpDave
    DownUpDave replied to the thread Measuring string gauge?.
    Old dial calipers. They still work are still accurate and I am comfortable with them, been with me about 30 years