Recent content by dr_mitch

1. dr_mitch

SOTU 635: Castles

Our House...was our castle and our keep.
  2. dr_mitch

How large is your Ukeverse?

Online: UU and Seasons of the Ukulele A few YouTube channels (Southern Ukulele Store, World of Ukes, Anarchy in the Ukulele, Christopher Davis-Shannon, Phil Doleman, Marc Gallagher) Got a Ukulele each week Lessons each fortnight with Phil Doleman Uke to Bridge on Facebook (in some ways similar...
  3. dr_mitch

SOTU 635: Castles

It's been a busy week for me, so it's only now I've got round to my first song! But it's the 5th song I've ever written, and specially for the season - here it is.
  4. dr_mitch

GotaUkulele Reviews

He’s excellent. The reviews are knowledgable, sincere, and thorough. And I look forward to each week’s review purely as entertainment.
  5. dr_mitch

Season 634 - Love Your Larynx!

Another song - my last for the week, but one I found really fun to do. Thanks for hosting Del.
  6. dr_mitch

How many ukes have you got? (expanded poll)

2 sopranos 2 long neck sopranos 4 concerts 1 long neck concert 2 tenors 2 baritones 1 guitalele In my defence, I plan to move on 4 of them. And of the concerts, one is a resonator, and one is an Enya Nova for playing with effects, so they’re different.
  7. dr_mitch

Sorry for doing two songs in a row, but here's a song I just couldn't resist.
  8. dr_mitch

Another one - a quickie - from me.
  9. dr_mitch

Remembering W.N., who is NOT dead.

Can we do another Willie Nelson season? I’m glad he’s still with us.
  10. dr_mitch

Yes, great to see new folks join us! Here's my first for the week - it seems to fit the theme well.
  11. dr_mitch

SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

I'll be back with a wrap, but I've now, I believe, put everything on the playlist, which is now closed. Thanks so much to everyone who took part for making this season so much fun. I'm confident I'll host again if you'll have me! I wanted to finish off with a song of my own. * * * Now for...
  12. dr_mitch

How many ukuleles do you have?

Most of my ukuleles have different purposes. 1950s Kamaka soprano, which has a remarkable tone, tuned to D6, and really suits some songs. Long neck soprano I find super comfortable and use to practice new stuff. Loud long neck soprano for taking out to perform, and good for quick snappy songs...
  13. dr_mitch

Hooray, and I’ve caught up. What a remarkable time it’s been musically since I was last caught up. We’ve had some thrilling originals, including a song about relativity and a true epic, slowed down and jazzed up songs, songs about love and immortality. And the Heavenly Chorus. Still plenty of...
  14. dr_mitch

D7 or Hawaiian D7?

Yeah, there’s no right or wrong way. 2223 is my default, but 2020 can work better with chord runs, and when you really want an Am6 rather than a D7. 5655 is also good when playing up the neck, or chord runs. Considering I use some 9th chords, I’ve no leg to stand on if I were to argue that...
  15. dr_mitch

Hooray - after an unecpecyed busy day yesterday, I’ve finally caught up. I’m having a fantastic time, listening to everyone. It’s good fun hosting, and I recommend the experience!
Top Bottom