Recent content by fowl

1. F

Best To All!

My brother was named after Stan Muscial.
  2. F

Best To All!

Merry Christmas to you. By the way, love the Cardinals hat. I have been a fan since the 1940's.
  3. F

Own a jazz hat music ukulele?

Hey Riprock, when you ready to get rid of that baritone let me know. If I remember correctly you are in central Iniana like me.
  4. F

Uke Spotting in NCIS Hawaii

I saw that too but could not catch the brand. I am in my 70's and have old eyes.
  5. F

Ukulele Magazine

Has anyone received their winter issue of Ukulele Magazine. As I recall it normally shows up around the end of October.
  6. F

youtube problem

I was going to watch a video by choirguy on youtube. The screen comes up but I just get the spool thing in the center and nothing happens. Is anyone else having problems like this with youtube?
  7. F

hearing aids

I wear hearing aids, and there are probably some other old guys here that do the same. I have some new aids and they help with lots of things, the telephone, the TV, hearing a high pitched voice, but when I play my uke it can sound a little tinny. If I take out my hearing aids it sounds much...
  8. F

Aquila on Outdoor Uke

Has anyone used Aquila nylguts on an Outdoor carbon soprano? If so, how did you like the sound?
  9. F

6 string Kamaka

On Hawaii 5-0 last night the character Flippa was playing a Kamaka that had 6 strings. Could someone tell me how those are usually tuned?
  10. F

Turtulele

Has anyone seen or played one of the fiberglass Turtulele ukes that Amazon has on their site. It appears they are made in the Phillipines.
  11. F

Ukulele World Congress pictures

I go to UWC every year but could not attend this year because I just had surgery. Does anyone have pictures they could post so that I could get a glimpse? I do not have Facebook. Thanks.
  12. F

workshop in Indianapolis

Is anyone here going to the Play Ukulele by Ear workshop on Sat 04/18 in Indianapolis.
  13. F

compensated saddle on Enya

I was changing the strings on an Enya EUR X1 camp uke. The compensated saddle came out of its slot in the bridge. On the G and A strings should the compensation slant toward the nut or the other direction? Need some help.
  14. F

First Act Uke

While walking through Walmart you start thinking about those $10 ukes on Black Friday. I have a 3 year old grandson that would think a uke with Paw Patrol on it would be the Holy Grail. But what are those strings. You could replace them with some Worth Browns. However that would be like a new...
  15. F

Old Forum

So when I look at UU to see what is happening, I click on the line that says Old UU Forum. So is there a New UU Forum? Does anyone else think this way?