Recent content by frolicks

1. frolicks

Another Request from Flea and Fluke Owners

So, the three MFC instruments I have here, all have different labels: the Fleas have an oval shape sticker, and the Fluke a round one. I post the pictures in the order I bought the instruments, which is not necessarily the one they where built. The green Flea, a tenor neck, I bought new from...
  2. frolicks

Strings Tiny Tenor strings question

I'm curious to read that people wouldn't like the original Romero/LaBella strings with the wound low g string. I absolutely love them. I feel they're a real sound booster for a number of ukes. Apart from the Tiny Tenor (Mahogany laminate and solid spruce top) and the XS Soprano (same wood...
  3. frolicks

A Rainy Night in Soho - Pogues cover with taropatch

A special song needs a special ukulele.... it‘s taropatch (eight-string uke), concert scale, built by German luthier Claus Mohri (www.cmohri.de). It‘s made of Australian blackwood with a cedar top, and tuned gG cC ee aa. I‘m a Pogues fan for nearly thirty years now, unfortunately never managed...
  4. frolicks

Song Help Request Need some help with lyrics: Take it slow and easy

Thanks a lot, guys! You were very helpful, and I indeed got the bits I couldn‘t come to terms with. Thanks a lot for the explanation, Swamp Yankee. the damper, or rather my not-knowing about it, was probably the biggest hurdle. And I‘m quite sure, that Aaron sings about the bread a-burning...
  5. frolicks

Thanks, Jim, for your help. I was torn between „job“ and „show“ here, guess you‘re right. And you‘re absolutely right about Aaron Keim‘s version. And writing to him would be my next step. I just thought that maybe someone here might have been there, so before bothering him I rather ask here...
  6. frolicks

I think, my English isn‘t that bad, really, yet I can‘t really figure out what Milton and his Brownies sing here. Obviously, I‘m fine with the „Take it slow and easy“ part, and I can get the first verse: „I had a little mama all dressed in red, I called her in the morning, this is what she...
  7. frolicks

Another one for Halloween - Way down in the hole (Tom Waits)

The Halloween SOU is over, but I have one more song here. This time it's a multi-track version of Tom Waits' Way Down in the Hole. This one is inspired by the version recorded by the Five Blind Boys of Alabama, used as the title song of the first season of the TV series The Wire. I used these...
  8. frolicks

Blasphemy...not digging my UPT tuners??

I understand your problem, astein2006, and quite well, indeed. I bought a Koaloha KSM-T2, a soprano body with a tenor neck, last year. As all tenor necks from Koaloha it came with closed geared tuners with the Koaloha logo. They probably work well on a tenor ukulele, but for the soprano body...
  9. frolicks

Quitate de mi nube (Get off of my cloud) - Rolling Stones Latin Cover

A few weeks back, in March, I participated in the Ukulele Cosmos Invitational, the song asked for was Get off of my Cloud, the Stones classic. The changes reminded me of La Bamba, so I decided to accentuate the Latin touch of the song a bit more by changing the key from A major to A minor, and...
Top Bottom