GalexC's latest activity

• G
    GalexC replied to the thread Taropatch Brands.
    Oh keepers of the secrets. I’m still searching for information of the possible maker of my SS STEWART taropatch. I would be grateful.
    • A5481423-6201-419E-97B5-1BF0A1E2E1F5.jpeg
    • 118541D1-5E8B-4972-A46E-268CA85D6D0B.jpeg
  • G
    GalexC replied to the thread Tenor tuning on a baritone....
    Would guitar tuning be out of the question? I found the tone pleasing enough and I’ve done it both ways, (1-4 and 3-6). Easy transition...
  • G
    GalexC posted the thread Stumped in Uke Talk.
    Ok. I can’t get any farther ahead with information on my taropatch. I wish the maker had branded their name inside on the neck or tail...
    • 902C54AA-B6BE-4C0D-B56B-0D9E5A3017B2.jpeg
    • 26627B26-3209-4F7F-B742-0073A02CADD6.jpeg
  • G
    GalexC reacted to Kenn2018's post in the thread Humidity questions with Like Like.
    No. The wood does not absorb or release moisture that quickly. If you just take it out for a day or two to play, you'll be fine. Your...
  • G
    GalexC replied to the thread Humidity questions.
    Google afternoon. I’m in Canada. I normally keep all my instruments in their cases. I have recently been keeping my regular player on a...
  • G
    8 months I would think sounds about right or even 7 or 6 months. Before birth that is.
  • G
    GalexC replied to the thread SS Stewart Taropatch.
    Thx. I’ve been to both. One thing I got was info on the blue label not being used until 1940. But, a lot of earlier ukuleles being...
  • G
    GalexC reacted to Knows Picker's post in the thread SS Stewart Taropatch with Like Like.
    Weird that no one on this board has chimed in with more information. I'm really not that helpful myself, I'm sure you know by now that...
  • G
    GalexC replied to the thread Vintage guru’s.
    Also…it has 17 frets but the size is between soprano and concert. Since I am new to this instrument, other than the two I bought for my...
  • G
    Now I’m not saying it is but….I see the same design fret board curve ending on the body as my Stewart . Another but, I have not seen one...
    • 94C306FA-09D5-4E09-BD6F-314995A47286.jpeg
  • G
  • G
    GalexC reacted to Loska's post in the thread NUD: Ken Timms koa soprano with Like Like.
    My UAS is gone. When I got my Kamaka concert I fell in love with it instantly. I'm very lucky to experience that feeling again. Ken...
  • G
    GalexC reacted to Uncle Rod Higuchi's post in the thread Hi all, from Ontario Canada with Like Like.
    Welcome to UU, Synergy Instruments is also in Ontario, featuring full Carbon Fiber, Hybrid eKoa/CF, and full eKoa ukulele models. I...
  • G
    Thanks!!
  • G
    Mandolin cafe was my first foray into finding information about the SS Stewart taropatch. At that time I had tried to register on...