Recent content by GF2

1. G

How would you make a ukulele sound like an electric guitar?

OK, so how is he getting that sound, and how close could you get with a basic uke, a basic amp, and a hundred pounds/dollars to spend on pedals?
  2. G

Thanks Mike - I already have a fuzz pedal, but I find it a bit too much! Even turned down a lot, it gets too messy. I'm hoping a compression pedal might tackle that, but I'm going to try a Caline Blue Sky overdrive and see if I get on better with that. Thanks - that sounds like a few good...
  3. G

So, I'm thinking... Either a compressor or an EQ to squash the tone, and then a light overdrive, but I'm worried about feedback and I'm not certain whether there are pedals that might help...
  4. G

Didn't fancy a challenge, then?! :)
  5. G

Up to you! Go easy, or take on a challenge!
  6. G

As a thought experiment, assuming you have a basic piezo-pickup uke, a basic amp with no onboard effects, and £/$100 to spend, what pedals would you buy and why. (Background - I've been messing around with some pedals to use with my TangleWood Electro-acoustic tenor and really enjoying it. It...
  7. G

Post and share about your pedal boards you use with your ukulele's.

Niiice! I saw that article and read half of it (presumably before getting distracted by the brats - that's what usually happens) and didn't see those at the end - awesome! Have a look at that project I linked to - it looks interesting and might give you some good/different/interesting results...
  8. G

Post and share about your pedal boards you use with your ukulele's.

Thanks for posting this - I read your great review and then disappeared down a research rabbit hole about IR. Now I want to get an IR loader! Have you seen this endeavour? http://acousticir.free.fr There's a long thread about here:-...
  9. G

awaiting moderator approval

No. Still not working. I've just tried to reply to this thread and get the same problem... Presumably at some later stage, that post in my screenshot will be approved, and be inserted above this post, and make the thread nonsensical.
  10. G

I think that explains a lot - I *did* guess that this would be the problem, in my long post about the fix above. I suspect they have created a lot of different user groups - I can see "member", "verified account", "active member" - and not realised that xenforo user rights and permissions are...
  11. G

It's posting once a moderator sees it and approves it, and then it gets inserted into the thread at the time it was originally submitted... Which will make many posts seem nonsensical.
  12. G

Communicate with your members

It rarely works that way, but if that were the case, they could do what a few of us have done. I had to create this new account to post, but it worked as a workaround, and they could do that to communicate with their users. It seems pretty clear the radio silence is through choice.
  13. G

Communicate with your members

Is there any plan to communicate at all with the forum members who can't post? If you wanted to kill a forum, I'm struggling to think of a better way to do that than by blocking the users who pay you a subscription - who are likely to be your most active participants - (as well as a few other...
  14. G

The problem is that @socal16 probably posted it days, if not weeks ago. I did the same thing - I should have included a date and time in the rest post. I'll try now, with my affected account. (It is so odd that people are still having to to guess about what's going on, and there's still...
  15. G

My latest batch of Concert Ukes

Wow! Absolutely stunning. What's the string spacing at the nut? (Not because I could ever afford one, but just to know whether they could actually be my perfect ukulele!)