Recent content by ghostrdr

1. G

Moore Bettah Auction

Haha. Ok. I guess I was remembering cheap gas too. How about the over under line set at $18,000!
  2. G

Moore Bettah Auction

over under on the final price? I’m thinking of setting the line at $8,500? Other thoughts
  3. G

Clara or Flea Travels and Durability

Wish me luck! Mahalo all!
  4. G

so, if I'm reading the room correctly, the top choices are: 1) take the flea or 2) bring a chromatic tuner and buy a cheapie somewhere... looks like no one is in favor of the clara. It is a little nicer flea in that it has the wood fretboard and peghead tuners, but this is the one I leave...
  5. G

I'm not really worried about humidity. Rather, I'm curious about people's experiences traveling (and flying) with a loose uke, not in a gig bag or hard case, but just in a backpack. I'm traveling with my family and they bring a lot of gear, so I try not to. The necks and bodies seem pretty...
  6. G

So, we're leaving for two weeks in Hawaii (Kauai and Big Island). I'm thinking of bringing either my Blackbird Clara or Concert Flea, BUT without a case. In other words, I would stick it in my backpack with the headstock sticking out the top. I like to travel light and don't want to bring a...
  7. G

The “Uke Corner” in my study

is it more stable upside down?
  8. G

***SOLD*** FS - Magic Fluke Concert Koa Hibiscus Soundhole Fluke

Wow, that’s really nice. Good luck with the sale! My pineapple flea is probably my most played instrument!
  9. G

Health issues forces me to change my uke collection.

How about this one? Looks interesting and nice and thin! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D6L81PJ?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_X0YXHWW5ZGDMKZNQX94A
  10. G

fake kamaka?

What are you calling vintage? The new ones are pretty nice and I think they’ve made some improvements over the years. What size are you looking for? Standard (soprano), concert or tenor?
  11. G

Cool Vintage Kamaka on Reverb

That’s pretty cool. I don’t understand the pick guard thing. Is it possible that they Shaved down that area of the soundboard and attached a pick guard which later fell off?
  12. G

Help, Need to contact theukulelesite urgently.

Maybe they went to NAMM in Anaheim, CA.
  13. G

June 3-5, 2022 , 2022 NAMM Show , Please post any Ukulele news here

I can tell by following some artists on social media that Ohana, Enya, and Kala are there.
  14. G

OMG! Kamaka Kumu Jake Shimabukuro

Wow! What the heck is this?!? Sign me up! (I probably can’t afford it)
  15. G

Need some guidance with vintage Kamaka

looks like waverly or grover tuners to me... good luck - sounds like a fun project