Recent content by glennerd

1. G

I bought "35" Ukuleles This Year

Okay, so that title was total clickbait. I just received my new Ohana CK-35G today, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. But while I was waiting for it to arrive, I realized the other ukulele I bought this year (yes, only TWO!) is a Flight TUSL-35. Am I mysteriously drawn to the number 35...
  2. G

Lockdown Entertainment

I'm not even shopping for a new ukulele, but I kept checking Mim's online store this morning to see how quickly she'd fill her weekly quota. The store shut down in 5 hours!
  3. G

Saturday Uketube

I was watching Al Wood's Saturday Uketube when Jimmy Fallon's Classroom Instruments segment came on. Haven't seen it for a while, but I want to be in a classroom that's handing out Kamakas! That is a Kamaka, isn't it?. Major uke upgrade since last time I watched.
  4. G

Strings What strings are these?

Confirms my recollection of the Fremonts being thinner than a lot of the other strings I've used. Good to hear you found something you really like.
  5. G

Good point. You'd have to measure any excess sticking out of the peg or the bridge. Still, kkimura could compare it to other ukes to see if they seem thicker or thinner than the known strings and make a better guess if they're fluoro or nylon.
  6. G

Other than finding out the string gauges of each set and using calipers to measure it, I'm not sure. Even then, you'd probably just get an idea if they were nylon or fluorocarbon. I seem to recall the Fremonts seemed pretty thin and nylons would likely be thicker. If you have both nylon and...
  7. G

NGD Valencia

So I finally bought a guitar. Okay, It’s not my first guitar, but the first one I’ve owned since I got into ukulele five years ago. It’s odd that I’m posting this NGD and I’ve never posted a NUD. I did take what I learned from buying ukuleles over the last five years into account when I bought...
  8. G

Happy Year of the Hawaiian D7

Okay, I can't take credit for it, I'm quoting Al Wood, but it was too good not to share.
  9. G

Song Help Request Gawd... someone HELP ME

Haha, patience is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait. :old:
  10. G

Playford tunes for baritone uke

This is great! This will really motivate me to pick up my baritone more this fall/winter. Thanks for sharing.
  11. G

Cure for UAS?

When I see videos like this I realize I need to practise more. A nicer uke isn't going to make me sound like this. They don't even seem to be bothered by playing beyond the 12th fret! :eek:
  12. G

Pencil Ukulele

More of a wall hanger with those thick walls (good for quiet practice), but he puts way more effort into the build than I expected.
  13. G

Question: Has your plastic uke ever gotten wet?

I know there are more reasons for buying a plastic uke than waterproofness, but I’m curious as to how many plastic ukers get their ukuleles wet. My gut feeling is it’s a bit like the whole “you need an SUV to go off road” even though 95% of SUV owners don’t leave the asphalt. So, marketing...
Top Bottom