Recent content by greenie44

1. greenie44

New Uke Day (NUD) John S. Kinnard concert

FYI - I was talking to Kalei at TUS a couple of weeks back and raving about my Kinnard, which is about 5 years old. He told me that , somehow, Kinnards now sound even better. UAS, down!
  2. greenie44

Corey Fujimoto's personal gear

Not sure about their gear, but they are both just terrific guys! And every uke I have heard them play sounds like magic - but I think that is the player.
  3. greenie44

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Congrats Steve! I thought Ila was hosting. I am waiting in the Zoom waiting room
  4. greenie44

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Is there a meeting number for today?
  5. greenie44

New Uke Day (NUD) I could not resist this one

You never know when it will happen. Here I was, in the smallish town of Fort Collins Colorado, escaping the Arizona heat. We are walking down the main drag, and I see a shop called All Sales Vinyl. I poke my head in and see there is a collection of ukes for sale on the wall right when you...
  6. greenie44

New Uke Day (NUD) Antica custom baritone

That's funny Jon. I originally wanted the gold resin, but Marco stopped making them. And I originally had a black fingerboard, but Marco suggested going with another natural wood. I went along with that and I really like it. But aside from that, we must be twins. And ain't that plane wood...
  7. greenie44

New Uke Day (NUD) Antica custom baritone

I actually got this uke a few days back, but have been traveling and have not been able to post. About a year ago, I fell in love with a uke I saw from Antica that included colorful resin bindings. I contacted Marco Todeshcini, who is Antica ukes, to ask about ordering a baritone with that...
  8. greenie44

"Cissy Strut" - Full Band Funk Uke Jam!

Just got back from Jazz Fest, and heard this song a few times, including once with Leo Nocentelli, the original guitar player of the Meters. Great hearing it again - man, it really works!
  9. greenie44

PayPal "Friends and Family"

I can tell you from hard personal experience, if you encounter a problem with Zelle, you have ZERO recourse. I will never use that again.
  10. greenie44

Season 576 - "Dirty Dancing"

So this is probably not allowed, but it's the best I could do this week. The infamous BEVOMU and I collaborated on this version of a song that happened to also appear in Dirty Dancing. We had so much fun putting it together I thought it deserves another lap around the Seasons block. The first...
  11. greenie44

After the breakup, I got all broke up

It's so funny that you told this story about a Kanile'a Super Tenor. About 12 years ago, I thought I was playing enough uke to finally get a good one. I went to Hawaiian Music Supply and Mike had me do a sound test, where I turned my back and he played three different tenors. The Kanilea'a...
  12. greenie44

Sold For Sale - Ohana Baritone Roundback

Hi Griole - I am interested in this uke. Will PM you.
  13. greenie44

Strings Stiffest/highest tension uke strings

On Tim's advice, I reached out to Joel about getting an 8 string baritone set. He got back to me with a variety of choices within about 8 hours!
  14. greenie44

Purchase Decision Turning Point

I don't favor that thinking myself. I have a magical LdfM. It has started to develop some surface blemishes, but nothing that affects playing it at all. I worried about this affecting resale value, although I don't think it is important enough to me to get it fixed for my own tastes, since I...
  15. greenie44

Purchase Decision Turning Point

I actually pride myself on only have 1 instrument per 'slot' - size, tuning, etc. I pretty much stick to that, with one exception. (oh, it's a good reason, believe you me!) So the turning point is when another slot opens up. I recently fell hard for an instrument while at the luthier's shop...
Top Bottom