Recent content by GrumpyCoyote

1. GrumpyCoyote

UWC2012 - Looking for songs I heard

The Dawgs tune was an original - written by David. Not sure if it got recorded, but I did see about 4 cameras rolling.
  2. GrumpyCoyote

UWC 2012 Head Count

Yep, I'll be there. #85
  3. GrumpyCoyote

Please Help: Guitar to Ukulele tabs

Or as a less rude reminder... For various reasons, on most stringed instruments (including the uke and guitar) the four strings closest to the floor are referred to as "top" strings, the ones closest to your face, "bottom". This is counterintuitive, and confusing to many - often misstated. It...
  4. GrumpyCoyote

Song Help Request Atheists Don't Have No Songs

Do we really need songs? Secular and general humanistic philosophical themes (love, life, longing, expression, etc) are pretty much the norm for music these days. Once the renaissance hit, religious music was pretty much on a steady decline. It’s the exception these days. Most modern music is...
  5. GrumpyCoyote

UWC 2011 People-Who-Are-Coming List

Prancingpony is a good egg. The fest last year was great fun, and a cool way to kick off Sunday.
  6. GrumpyCoyote

UU California Tour 2010

I'll be at DaSilva's show on Friday night... Can't get enough bay area. If I remember right, there is a tasty indian restaurant around the corner and some sort of distillery nearby.
  7. GrumpyCoyote

Anyone going to the Wine Country `Ukulele Festival in St. Helena CA?

Yep. Flying down to SF for the weekend. Should be at the fest on Sat with a few other familiar faces in tow.
  8. GrumpyCoyote

WIN a Mainland Tenor - Or a Blue "Snowball" Mic

With the sponsorship of Mainland Ukes (http://mainlandukes.com) I am very proud to announce the first Bring the Song contest. "bringthesong.org, Original Song Video Contest - Thanks Mainland Ukes!" First Prize: A brand new Mainland Mango Tenor ukulele (matte finish, gold tuners) To be...
  9. GrumpyCoyote

Album Cover for "Bring the Song" volume 1

Thanks to Ryan and the UU crew for introducing me to 99designs. A very cool crowd-source design site. I'm giving $200 to the winning album cover design for the first "Bring the Song" compilation...
  10. GrumpyCoyote

Lost My Frisbee at the UWC

I lost my sense of youthful idealism, but I don't expect it'll turn up. Those things go bad quickly.
  11. GrumpyCoyote

Song Help Request songwriters please help

It is very common to re-visit and re-write your own material. A friend of mine works his songs for years before he calls them "done". In my opinion, re-writing is part of the process. Sometimes it's exactly what a song needs.
  12. GrumpyCoyote

Ukulele World Congress 2010 VIDEO!

All 12 epic minutes. Yep. 12. Had to use vimeo. Too long for youtube. Some amazing solos in there.
  13. GrumpyCoyote

Glee version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

The medley had nothing to do with him changing the lyrics of SOTR. I love the song, but even he admitted that he didn't know the words. He improvised them.
Top Bottom