Recent content by gugu & gorilla

1. G

Season 548 - Second City Songs

Oh...I think I will check out Birmingham Smiles by GBH but are you all sure you want to hear me sing it? haha. I am here to say - I LOVE the Noseflutes! I have never listened to many( like, 99%!) of the bands in the Birmingham links that you shared, John.... And I have not checked out...
  2. G

In 1963, a family drove their Brown Bomber from Michigan to Birmingham. And if you had planned on driving all the way straight your car better be equipped with a record player that had the Vibro-Dynamic-Lateral-Anti-Inertial Dampening System! (more information about this performance is to be...
  3. G

Thanks for hosting, John! I was at work today and needed a break. Coffee did not help. Needed something to pick me up. So I tried this song which I saw the Ian Campbell Folk Group did. I tried 3 takes which all went into this. BLOOPERS TIME!
  4. G

I had enjoyed your video on YouTube but it is even lovelier and more personal here, when you mention these little intros ...The moon-landing on colour TV made me laugh.
  5. G

wonderful! The bird's eye view of those tentage at the markets look exactly like John Walker's abstract paintings! Walker is from Birmingham- something I just found out.
  6. G

Season 547 - The Baggage Carousel

Hope your Sunday has been relaxing and lovely, Brian. I am back again with another song. This one is for Jim. Jim, I just want to thank you for your warm words of encouragement on my Seasons entries, and especially my clawhammer playing. I told you that when I do get a banjo one day I will...
  7. G

I like Martin Parr's photographs. I knew he would have some good photos of people with shopping bags, luggage or handbags, and I found this photo, which looks great to me. Here is a simple, fun thing I enjoyed doing....... A philosopher and a pigeon study the people in a queue one afternoon......
  8. G

Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

I got one of those one-song-for-2-seasons entry here! I love Martin Parr's photography and I got a feeling he would have taken some good photos of people with shopping bags....thinking of something for Brian's Bag theme...and I found this photo, which looks great to me. I came up with this and...
  9. G

I made another simple and maybe silly song last night. I had some time before I went to work this morning so I took photos of a few of my bags and put this together. :---D
  10. G

Hahaha! I can imagine! Yeah, my mum told me that the mynahs used to be popular pets because of their amazing singing or imitation talent! They are amusing the watch too!
  11. G

Hope a trash bag is OK with you, Brian. Here is a silly song based on a real incident. What sort of rubbish can you put in this without them tearing the bag? I added some plastic bag noises to this too.
  12. G

Thanks for hosting, Brian! Here is a song by Warren Zevon. John (Flatbaroque) did a wonderful version some time back, so did Jon a few years ago. I tried clawhammer with this one.
  13. G

Did another one for this week. My cover is quite boring, but I would like to share the original really. (I forgot to say- it just stopped raining when I recorded this, and the birds were out singing. I think the loudest ones were the mynahs..we have lots of them here.)
  14. G

Inspired by one of the most incredible persons I had the privilege to meet and work with when I was an art teacher. This is a quick recording as I wrote the song. Not sure if the driving, clawhammer work.....I will try different strumming and picking and see what happens when I do work on this...
  15. G

I am a fan of Curiosity Show, an Australian educational children's television show produced from 1972 to 1990. It was on this show that I first saw the wonderful and grumpy-looking tawny Frogmouth. I filmed the first part of the episode where the bird was teased by a dry flower the girl...