Recent content by hopkid

1. hopkid

Friend Looking for Entry Level Uke for Girlfriend

I need the expert opinions of the UU forums for a friend of mine who is looking to buy an ukulele for his girlfriend. He's sent me the following links to ukes (Ibanez and Makala) available at Austin Bazaar...
  2. hopkid

Song Help Request lead sheet or tab for Hanalei Moon?

Oooooo, I'd be interested in this too! I can play the chords and sing along but it would be nice to have an instrumental in between verses. Can't read standard notation though so I'd need the tabs.
  3. hopkid

Instrumental Hawaiian Songs

No need to apologize. It was I who didn't search on UU. I had only searched via google. After your valid comment I did perform a search on UU only. I'm glad it was there because it would have taken me ages to figure out how to post my pdf I'm sure. ;)
  4. hopkid

I did a search here and there's already a thread with the tab posted: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?43239-Ukulele-Waltz-Aldrine&highlight=waltz
  5. hopkid

How about Ukulele Waltz by Aldrine Guerrero? I tried searching for the link to the tabs but couldn't find one, but I have a pdf. PM me your email address and I'll shoot it over to you if you're interested.
  6. hopkid

Song Help Request Big C / Fight for California

I would totally jump on this bandwagon! I was trying to sound out Fight for California while watching today's CWS game but it's a complete struggle. Let's add Stanfurd Jonah and Hail to California to that list! Go Bears!
  7. hopkid

"Keep Smiling At Trouble (Trouble's A Bubble)"

Yeah, man! Keep doing what you're doing! And thanks for posting the chords. :D
  8. hopkid

Leaving Solid Koa Uke in Car on Hot Day

I need your expert opinions, UUers! I'm going out of town this weekend and want to take my KoAloha concert with me as we have a friend who we will jam (if you can call it that) with tonight some time. That's in Norfolk/VA Beach. I can probably keep the uke with me and not have to leave it the...
  9. hopkid

Northern Virginia -- Lake Anne Ukulele Festival July 10th

Crap! Why couldn't it be that Sunday? :(
  10. hopkid

Song Help Request ukulele mike lessons

Wow! What an incredible resource! Mahalo for posting that!
  11. hopkid

Every Day is New Uke Day (for someone so it seems)!

And today (or rather yesterday) is mine! I won an auction for a Kamaka Pineapple on ebay and was bummed that it didn't arrive last Tuesday prior to a 5-day trip to San Francisco. That meant that my pineapple would sit in the post office with the rest of our held mail for the duration. It...
  12. hopkid

Another Victim of UAS

So tomorrow (8 March) will be my 6-week anniversary of receiving my KoAloha concert from musicguymic and my 6-week anniversary of being an ukulele player. Last week I bought a Toy Story 3 Woody guitar from Toys 'R Us to be my travel uke (I may need to get some better strings). And today I...
  13. hopkid

Profile Pic Help

I'm sure it's something staring me right in the face but for some reason I can't figure out why the profile photo I uploaded and can see in my profile is not showing up in my posts. Anyone wanna help out a UU rookie?
  14. hopkid

KoAloha Factory Visit

I've just returned from Honolulu where I was on a business trip. I had the good fortune to get out of work early last Monday so I high-tailed it to the KoAloha factory to see where my concert model was made. I met Brian, who was finishing the set up for a tenor in which a pick-up had been...
  15. hopkid

UAS Symptons Appearing

I've been playing ukulele for 5 days now and I'm already looking online at other models, particularly vintage ones. I have a passion for all things vintage (music, clothing, etc.) and ukes are no exception apparently. So help me understand a bit about the going rate on vintage ukes. Here is...
Top Bottom