Recent content by igorthebarbarian

1. igorthebarbarian

Fremont low G / slot bridge

Does anyone have advice on how to get a Fremont low G into a slot bridge? I have only used Fremont low G through the normal tie bar bridges and love them/ works well/ easy to tie. But knotting them into a skinny little slot bridge opening (Fluke/ Bruko for example) how would you accomplish this?
  2. igorthebarbarian

Low G Low G - Wound

Agree too. Fremont soloist is great if you’re going Low G.
  3. igorthebarbarian

Outdoor Ukulele tenor moonshine (white)

I am selling this Outdoor Ukulele Tenor in moonshine (white/clear). It has dual strap buttons. No other upgrades. Strung reentrant gcea with Aquila Lava strings. Will ship in the same box that it came from Outdoor Ukulele in (they seemingly do not pay these but they always mail fine). These...
  4. igorthebarbarian

Firefly concert vs tenor

I have a Firefly concert banjo Uke right now and like it. I’ve had a soprano version too, in the past. Has anyone owned both the Tenor and the concert/soprano? How much louder is the tenor? Does the tone ring add a lot of volume? I normally don’t like tenors, but I like the banjo sound...
  5. igorthebarbarian

Cleaning the neck

I think the neck of my well-used Fluke might be causing my hand/fingers to stink after playing. How do you all clean yours?
  6. igorthebarbarian

Kala Travel Concert

For sale is an almost-new Kala Travel SSTU-C - spruce top, with a bottom strap button. I purchased this a month or two ago from HMS/The Ukulele Site so it has the full set-up. I am selling because I need to thin the herd and also have this in a tenor, so I don't need two of the same. It has...
  7. igorthebarbarian

FS - Outdoor Ukulele Soprano Carbon Fiber

Hi everyone, I'm selling this like-new Outdoor Ukulele Soprano Carbon Fiber. I just ordered this a couple weeks ago, so I've barely played it. I think I'm going to keep the Tenor version since I don't really need two of these. The Carbon Fiber does seem to have made the neck stronger (which was...
  8. igorthebarbarian

MIM's Ukes ebay --> Reverb

I have used MIM's ukes a few times in the past and I know she personally sets up every ukulele that she sells, which is great. Has she officially transitioned all of her business over to Reverb now? She was on ebay as http://stores.ebay.com/mimsukes/ But now it looks like as of March 2018, she's...
  9. igorthebarbarian

2018 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

I may try to drive over from Phoenix this year. Would love to meet Aaron and see Taimane
  10. igorthebarbarian

Texas Uke Fest this weekend in San Antonio

My dad lives near San Marcos, and I would have considered going to San Antonio Uke fest
  11. igorthebarbarian

Uke book/lessons for a 6-year old?

Hi UU'ers, My friend, who lives out of state, is buying his 6-year old son a ukulele for Christmas. I told him to go through MIM's and get something that he thinks will be visually appealing for the boy. Thinking that way he'll be more likely to pick it up. When he was at my house earlier this...
  12. igorthebarbarian

Duke 10 banjo ukulele

Up for sale is my very newly-acquired Duke 10 banjo ukulele. I am selling it because I do not need 3(!) banjo ukes in my apartment, nor will my wife let me keep that many. I just received this Duke this week. It's a tenor sized, 10" head/pot, which gives it a nicer deeper sound than some of...
  13. igorthebarbarian

Song Help Request Redemption Song WS64 version

Love this song - thanks for bumping this WS64 version up. I hadn’t heard it before so thank you
  14. igorthebarbarian

Song Help Request Tune ID and Tab if you have it

If someone has it, please post it here. John Cruz Island Style is a great song
Top Bottom