Recent content by Inner Prop

1. Inner Prop

Rugby Songs

This will be a very long introduction to the question, but I'm hoping I can tell the story interestingly. First a caveat: I'm not a very good uke player. I've been playing for a couple of years but have not put much time in it, nor am I particularly talented with my fingers. I can play...
  2. Inner Prop

I did something stupid Today

I don't want to be a smarty pants, because I don't do this sort of work, but there is a product that might help with this sort of thing, if I could suggest it (just by way of trying to be helpful). Finger Cots.
  3. Inner Prop

Song Help Request Not Fade Away

I'm still a bit confused with changing keys. If you moved up so that your E was a G could you play it with G, C & F? It's a Bo Diddly beat isn't it?
  4. Inner Prop

New US Copyright Laws

There are two new bills in the US Congress right now about internet copyrights. I don't know all the particulars, but it looks like if they pass everyone who covers a copyrighted song could spend 5 years in jail. What will this do to uke videos?
  5. Inner Prop

Uke Number 2 for Christmas

I know it's a long way off yet, but my wife is going to need a lot of convincing (she just doesn't understand why anyone would need more than one ukulele). I got a Lanikai LU21 last Christmas and have played it nearly everyday since. I'm not really all that good, but I'm having fun and have...
  6. Inner Prop

Song Help Request spongebob theme chords?

Still no chords for this? I just wanted to bump the thread because I've been looking for the theme myself. I found the F.U.N. song, but not the theme, what the hey?!
  7. Inner Prop

Song Help Request Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton - Chord help!!!

I think that's the version I have too. I can't remember where I downloaded it from, if it was here or not. I would caution that the chords changes don't exactly happen where they wrote them (at least in the version I have). Sometime they are right before the word, sometimes during and...
  8. Inner Prop

Uke Shop in Lake County Illinois

I'm in Mundelein, IL (near Libertyville). There are two or three music shops nearby, but none has more than about 2 ukes. Anybody know of a uke shop in Lake or McHenry counties? I'd rather not drive down to the city if I can help it. Thanks.
  9. Inner Prop

Soprano for Scout Campfire

I would like to be able to lead songs at Boy Scout campfires, but I'm afraid that my soprano might be too quiet and I understand that concerts and tenors are louder. Is this true? Will my Lanikai be loud enough (kind of hoping the answer is no so I have more ammunition with which to convince...
  10. Inner Prop

Song Help Request Ukulele duets?

I was listening to "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" this morning and I was thinking that it would be nice to find some duet that I could sing and play that would move my wife to sing too. I've finally gotten good enough on chords that I can play a familiar tune and it gets recognized and people...
  11. Inner Prop

Bad Early Review

So I got my Lanikai LU-21 for Christmas and I've practiced everyday at least a little bit. A couple of nights ago my wife and 9yo were dancing in the kitchen to no music. I jumped up to grab my ukulele and provide some. They all yelled, "NO!" My wife, my baby daughter and my two teen...
  12. Inner Prop

Put Your City on the UU Map!

Hey, I can finally put my pin on the map, since I was waiting to actually BE a uke owner before I stuck it. Mundelein, IL, USA
  13. Inner Prop

Don't put it in your mouth

Well, I was just going to blow the blue monsters off, until Aslan told me, now I'll never put anything in my mouth until I ask someone I love.
  14. Inner Prop

What is the easiest Christmas song/carol?

We do Christmas over at my Mom's house on New Year's weekend. I got a uke for Christmas. All these 9 chord Christmas songs/carols are pretty hard. Is there an easy one I could learn?
  15. Inner Prop

Chicago Monthly Uke Jam

Wow that's even closer to my house than Montrose and Western. I'm subscribing and drooling. Maybe, just maybe I can convince my wife to go out to dinner and... I grew up just down the street from Wells Park btw, at Montrose and Kostner, St. Edward's parish can I get a shout out?
Top Bottom