Recent content by Ipsofacto

1. Ipsofacto

No Callouses.....And a solution

I made this in work earlier... still a little work to do on how far apart the strings go / keeping tension in the strings (Its currently just knotted around a wheel arch, so it's not the best form of tension...), but it'll do for the desk!
  2. Ipsofacto

Stagg Uke Strings?

I just popped into the local music shop (which isn't my regular one, I usually travel a little further afield to Aarhus, as several of the stores are Kala dealers,. to grab some new Uke strings to try and spruce up the Clifton Sporano I found in a charity shop, only to find they didn't have any...
  3. Ipsofacto

Ringing C String!

Much to my annoyance, the C string on my new Ukadelic has started ringing... I'm also noticing that the volume on it has dropped a lot. I'm assuming this means I need new strings, but it's just annoying that on a brand new Uke that I'm changing my strings a week into owning the instrument. Is...
  4. Ipsofacto

Pesky down up downs!

Coming from a background where I've dabbled with guitars and basses, I'm a bit ashamed to say that I'm having a little trouble with using my index finger for down / up strumming! I can chugg away at the strings with the best of them ( I even find it pretty easy to chunk), but can't seem to stop...
  5. Ipsofacto

Greetings from a Welshman in Denmark!

Hi there all! I'm Ipso, I'm a Welsh graphic designer who currently lives in Denmark! I've played Uke for a couple of weeks (and by that, I mean under a month...) and can't put the thing down! While I've started playing a few instruments in my time (Guitar, Violin, Bass, Trumpet) none of them...
Top Bottom