Recent content by janeray1940

1. janeray1940

my friend just released his first uke album with a fun promo video!

The album is called Ukulele Shorts and can be purchased from steverose.bandcamp.com. Here's the fun little promo video featuring a new take on the old standard, "I'll See You in My Dreams."
  2. janeray1940

Timing is Everything

My friend/partner-in-uke Ukerocker is a music instructor who, like every other music instructor, has found himself unable to teach in-person lessons and classes during the pandemic. He started a YouTube channel where he will be posting songs and tutorials and making some arrangements available...
  3. janeray1940

I'll Be Home for Christmas - instrumental duet for low G and reentrant ukuleles

PDF arrangement available in standard notation and tab. Please contact ukeduets@gmail.com.
  4. janeray1940

Ukulele Duet - Ode to Joy

Beethoven's Ode to Joy arranged for reentrant and low G ukulele. For information about tab please email ukeduets@gmail.com. Thanks for watching!
  5. janeray1940

Ukulele Duets - arrangements for two ukuleles (reentrant and low G)

Hello Ukulele Underground! I'm posting to share the YouTube channel that I'm collaborating on, Ukulele Duets. We will be posting videos of instrumental duets performed on one reentrant/standard ukulele and one low G/linear ukulele. Arrangements will be available upon request for both parts, with...
  6. janeray1940

White Christmas instrumental duet for reentrant and low G ukuleles

'Tis the season! Arrangement for reentrant and low G ukulele available; please contact ukeduets@gmail.com.
  7. janeray1940

Follow the bouncing bat

8. janeray1940

A little Halloween song

Something I worked on behind the scenes.
  9. janeray1940

FS: Famous FLS-2PG Mahogany Laminate Longneck Pineapple Soprano

Up for sale is a like-new Famous (by Kiwaya) FLS-2PG Mahogany Laminate Longneck Pineapple Soprano. Purchased from Ukulele Mania in Japan a couple years ago and hardly played. The uke is mahogany laminate. Concert scale neck on a soprano body. 20 frets total with a 14-fret join. Kiwaya geared...
  10. janeray1940

FS: Kiwaya KTS-5 Mahogany Soprano

Up for sale is a Kiwaya KTS-5 mahogany soprano, Japanese-made replica of a vintage Martin. Incredibly lightweight with great tone and projection. Fantastic intonation. These are hard to find and retail new for $700-$800 or so. Specs: Satin natural finish, solid mahogany body, mahogany neck with...
  11. janeray1940

Live ukulele music on Kauai?

Found a few old threads but wondering if anybody has up to date info on who to hear and where to hear them on Kauai. And any other locals recos would be appreciated as well. Mahalo!
  12. janeray1940

Slot Bridge Woes

Here's what I had done; hopefully this will be of use to the OP. In the attached photo you can see where the A-string slot chipped off from years of wear. My luthier removed the bridge, re-cut the slot so the knot sits higher up, gave everything a good cleaning and just like that, problem...
  13. janeray1940

FS: Famous FLS-2PG Mahogany Laminate Longneck Pineapple Soprano

The de-stashing of unplayed ukes continues! Up for sale is a like-new Famous (by Kiwaya) FLS-2PG Mahogany Laminate Longneck Pineapple Soprano. Purchased from Ukulele Mania in Japan a little over a year ago and hardly played. The uke is mahogany laminate. Concert scale neck on a soprano body. 20...
  14. janeray1940

FS: Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert

A few more photos.