Recent content by Jim in Oregon

1. J

Gigged out!

At age 74, I'm admiring your stamina. I'm also thinking you'll one day look back upon this as the best days of your life. Jim
  2. J

A Song You Didn't Know Existed Until You Play Ukulele

I had never heard "Robin in the Rain" until Stu Fuchs taught it to us on his Ukulele Zen YouTube channel. It's short and sweet. Stu rocks, in a jazzy sort of way. Jim
  3. J

What is “exotic mahogany”?

I believe it's primarily a marketing term. Any mahogany they're selling becomes exotic. Jim
  4. J

Sold Koaloha Opio KCO-10 Concert Ukulele $400 + Shipping

Just don't start a lawn mower collection, OK? Then we'll worry. Jim
  5. J

Low G strings for a Martin T1K

That's what I've decided to do. Thanks for the help, folks. Jim
  6. J

Low G strings for a Martin T1K

I have a Martin T1K that has some Martin 620 high G strings and I've never really "bonded" with it. Now that I have another high G uke, I'd like to put some low G strings on my T1K. Maybe I'll fall in love with my Martin the way I thought I would. Can anyone suggest a low G string set for this...
  7. J

musical influences

For years and years: Neil Young, Tom Waits, John Prine, Jesse Winchester and Randy Newman. More recently: Calexico, The Tallest Man on Earth, Bruce Cockburn. Jim
  8. J

Greetings from Jacksonville FL

Welcome to the battle. It's always good to have another soldier in the fight against ukulele ignorance. Jim
  9. J

Best regards from Anchorage

Beautiful picture. Makes me want to start practicing Christmas songs. Welcome to the forum. Jim
  10. J

Hello from Florida!

Staci, I'm glad you figured this out relatively early in life. It took me until age 72 to discover that the uke was more agreeable to me than those big ol' dreadnoughts I'd been lugging around for decades. Plus you can stick 6 or 8 of 'em in a corner and hardly notice the loss in square...
  11. J

POLL: Favorite Non-Hawaiian Brand of Uke

Make mine a Breedlove. Jim
  12. J

Blushing...... Because I'm a Virgin and Never Done This Before!

Glad you've rediscovered the joy of making your own music. Nothing beats it. Jim
  13. J

Thanks!

That's why some of us prefer dogs. Jim
  14. J

Thanks!

I sometimes forget to enjoy how friendly this forum is, so thank you, Jerry, for reminding us. It really is a welcoming community Jim
  15. J

You know you're a uke nerd when...

... the only thing you remember about your two-week trip to Hawaii is your 45-minute lesson with Jason at Lahaina Music. Jim
Top Bottom