Recent content by JJFN

1. J

Which soprano brand would you recommend as a keeper?

I really like my Martin S1. WIth the solid mahogany construction it really has a lot of "punch'. With Worth Brown's it really wails.
  2. J

LIKE NEW aNUENUE MAHOGANY TENOR AMM3:

Ukulele is sold.
  3. J

TROUBLE DOWNLOADING A PHOTO:

Thank You, kohanmike and gochugogi for your advice. I went to the local library and their IT person helped me out. He opened an account on Imgur and the solved the problem.
  4. J

LIKE NEW aNUENUE MAHOGANY TENOR AMM3:

Here is your chance to own an aNueNue AMM3 Tenor Ukulele. Purchased from HMS and set up by HMS on 4/7/2021. Reason for selling, too many ukuleles. This beautiful instrument comes strung with Worth Browns, High G, two strap buttons and the aNueNue Deluxe Gig Bag. Also a rosewood radiused...
  5. J

No, the capital letters were for the title of the entry. Nothing else. Also I tried the insert image icon and again the photo was too large to insert.
  6. J

Thank You. I have downloaded the Image Size App to my phone. Tapped on the App, selected the photo hit choose and this supposedly reduces the size of the image. Except it didn't.
  7. J

I am on the Marketplace Forum attempting to place an ad for a sale. I select attach files, go to my photos, select a photo, select download and then the "file is too large" icon appears. What am I doing wrong.
  8. J

Rip charlie watts:

Just heard this horrible news. Another R&R icon passes on. Always admired his minimalist style.
  9. J

Pm's mia

I submitted two PM's and yet they don't show in my sent box. Anyone else having issues? I'm not sure what if anything I am doing wrong. Don't know if messages were received.
  10. J

Pepe romero and la bella baby baritone strings:

I installed the above strings on my Pono Cedar topped, mahogany back and sides tenor. The sustain is really remarkable, I don't know if it's the tuning (DGBE), the strings themselves or the woods in the instrument, but as I said the sustain is amazing. This is my first experience with...
  11. J

What is pikake?

I saw an ad for a Koaloha Pikake Koa ukulele. Only definition for Pikake I can find is either a flower or a vine. I don't see how Pikake is used in an ukulele. As you can tell, I have time on my hands.
  12. J

Is your ukulele gettting you through the panddmic

Now don't read anything political into this, but whenever the national news starts, I leave the room and find and play my ukulele. It really keeps me from getting depressed about the current news. I start picking and strumming and the troubles of the world go away. But that's just me. Stay...
  13. J

R. I. P. Little richard:

Sadly we lost another rock icon. Little Richard was a major influence to a great number of rock stars. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix to name a few. Little Richard's Tutti Frutti was my introduction to Rock 'n Roll. PS: My father told me RnR would never last. PPS: Why...
  14. J

Oops i did it again!

"Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in again." OK that's enough of the Britanny Spears and Al Pacino references. I consciously pared down my ukulele collection to four. Two concerts and two tenors, one each Low G and High G. Then a Cocobolo Concert became available in the...
  15. J

D'Addario Nylon Tenor Strings Low G:

I just changed the strings on my Ko'olau tenor. I've installed the D'Addario Clear Nylon Tenors Low G. As expected they are taking a while to stretch out. Also, they aren't the easiest strings to install, they seem to have a mind of their own. However, when they manage to stay in tune...