Recent content by joakiml

1. J

Ziegenspeck Uke-up, anyone tried?

Stumbled over this passive pick-up on the web. Anyone here with experience with it, and if so, what do you think? Cheers and happy new year!
  2. J

My Kanilea mods

A few years ago a got a Kanilea KPE-T. It is a very nice instrument but there are some things that has bothered me. While the nut width is relatively wide, the string spacing is not particular wide. The other thing is that the nut, saddle, and bridge pins are made out of plastic. Perhaps it...
  3. J

Bowed neck?

I just bought a high end uke, and after playing with it for a while I realised that the neck is a bit bowed. If I hold a finger on the first fret and another finger on the 15 fret there's probably 0.5 mm gap (estimated) in the middle of the neck. It's a tenor scaled uke and the action is on the...
  4. J

FS: Kiwaya KTS-5 soprano

I have to downsize my collection and my Kiwaya KTS-5 doesn't get as much love as my bigger ukes so I have to let it go. It is in excellent condition, no strumming marks, dings or scratches. Neck and body in solid mahogany (top and back is one piece). Rosewood fingerboard and bridge, bone is...
  5. J

Empty tabs for printing

Thanks, this one is also very nice.
  6. J

Empty tabs for printing

Cheers mate, that's perfect!
  7. J

Empty tabs for printing

Hi, I am looking for some empty tab sheets which can be printed and filled in. Anyone know if and where I can find this? Thanks!
  8. J

Great resource: ukeeducation.org

Thanks for sharing, another great resource!
  9. J

nut/saddle: bone or synthetic material?

What is your preference in terms of saddle (and nut) material, bone or synthetic material like nubone or similar? In terms of making the nuts and saddles synthetic materials seems to be a bit more pleasant to work with (bone is quite smelly for one thing). Perhaps this is one reason many...
Top Bottom