Joe Strummer's latest activity

• Joe Strummer
    Can you recommend a good webcam for recording music videos? I do online classes where there’s an option to upload videos for feedback...
  • Joe Strummer
    Humidity in my area is usually between 45 and 60. I’m experimenting with Boveda packs during the winter, when it drops below that...
  • Joe Strummer
    Joe Strummer replied to the thread New Uke Opening Up.
    I’m not sure if any of my ukes have opened up, or if they sound better as I get used to playing them. I had a Pono AT that never got...
  • Joe Strummer
    He should have sent you passwords with the download links via email or etsy. That’s what he did for me. Have you checked there?
  • Joe Strummer
    Joe Strummer replied to the thread Tenor regrets?.
    No regrets, but it’s a good thing to get used to the size, string spacing, and other qualities of a few favorite instruments. Switching...
  • Joe Strummer
    Joe Strummer replied to the thread This Ukulele Does Not Exist.
    They improved the design since then. It is plenty loud, and the nut is 1.5” wide.
  • Joe Strummer
    Joe Strummer replied to the thread This Ukulele Does Not Exist.
    2 out of 3 isn’t bad. Bonanza makes all solid wood ukes with a 38 mm nut for $399. They don’t offer cedar, but my mahogany model has a...
  • Joe Strummer
    I’m not sure that thicker strings = higher tension. I read that thinner strings have higher tension, assuming the material is the same...
  • Joe Strummer
    My uke teacher uses nylon guitar treble strings on his (strings1-3 plus an extra 1). It sounds great and costs ~$6.00. I’ll give it a...
  • Joe Strummer
    Joe Strummer replied to the thread Persistent fret buzz.
    I’ve changed the strings several times with no improvement. The luthier even put some Aquilas on it without getting my approval. I...
  • Joe Strummer
    I tested with a capo, and the fret buzz was still there. I noticed it is also happening on the first and second fret, but it is so...
  • Joe Strummer
    I tried the credit card test and didn’t see any obvious problem with fret height.
  • Joe Strummer
    I checked the fretboard relief by holding down the string at the first and last frets. I can’t see any gap between the string and the...
  • Joe Strummer
    Joe Strummer reacted to greenfrog's post in the thread Persistent fret buzz with Like Like.
    A few things to try: 1. Put the edge of a credit card or other plastic card on each set of three frets (moving up one fret at a time)...
  • Joe Strummer
    The buzz does happen when I’m fretting at the 3rd fret on the second string, to be clear. I’ll give those tips in the previous post a try.