JoshFromTallGrassUkes

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Josh!
    Being a tree-hugger, I am impressed with the bamboo uke. However, I'm not crazy about the "white" fretboard. Do you have ukes with dark fretboards?
    Let me know if you change your mind about doing custom work. I only have 2 ukes and I have decided not to buy any other uke that isn't custom made for me. I just can't make UAS jive with my other values regarding living lighter on the planet, not to mention spending less. I would really love it if that one special uke came from you two someday, so definitely keep me posted as your business evolves. If you decide to experiment with color I'd love to see how it turned out! Thanks Josh!
    Hi Josh-
    Well, I was drooling over that Pohaku uke with the back, sides, and headstock dyed blue, and was envisioning one like it that had monarch butterflies on it with their stripy caterpillars for fret markers. I was imagining a butterfly on the head stock, and maybe a couple on the back, like they are flying against a blue sky. I am very much into monarchs and supporting a group called monarchwatch.org that studies their migration. All of that may be a bit much to ask though, particularly since the caterpillar fret markers would require some kind of inlay. Do you think that bamboo could be tinted like that maple? The blue isn't absolutely necessary, it was just the ideal fantasy. What kind of decoration can you do on bamboo? Can things be burned into it, or would that effect the sound or stability? Can it be painted? I'm just wondering what kind of things might be possible.
    Thanks Josh,
    pepamahina
    (keeping my stage name right now since we're on the public site)
    Hi Josh-
    Thanks for posting on my thread about ukuleles and sustainable woods. I had no idea you existed or I would have bought a uke from you instead of a Kala! I checked out your site and your ukes sound great too! I love the personal sound hole. Are you able to do custom personalizations? Like if I wanted you to embellish it in some way? Also, have you ever considered coloring the bamboo? I'm a big fan of this look, check out the cool blue that Pohaku gets by tinting maple:
    http://www.pohakuukulele.com/pages/bluewalnut.html
    Thanks Josh,
    pepamahina
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…