Recent content by jricc

1. J

Ohana Ck20S My very first Uke Experience

I'm a little late to the party, but congrats Fhede on your Ohana Concert. Nice uke, I have the tenor version, TK20. It gets a lot of use in teaching my uke group. Enjoy!
  2. J

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD: Yamaha GL1 Guitalele

Beautiful playing, lovely sounding Cam. The burst is real nice too. I have one of these in natural, and they are cool little instruments.
  3. J

More Mods! Welcome to @ploverwing and @Arcy!

Thanks @ploverwing and @Arcy !
  4. J

A New Poll!! Did you play/practice a string instrument for at least a year before starting ukulele?

Ive been a guitarist for over 50 years, and played bass in one of my bands. I bought an inexpensive ($30) Johnson soprano about 10 years ago to have something to sit on the couch & play Christmas tunes. Ive really grown to love the uke. Been teaching an adult ukulele group for the last 4 years...
  5. J

New Uke Day (NUD) NUD: ENYA EUC-X1M Concert

Congrats Steve! Nice understated looks!
  6. J

NUD: Ohana SK-50WG from Mim's

Congrats ploverwing! That's a sweet Ohana soprano!
  7. J

NUSD (new uke sound day)

First off, beautiful ukes, all of them! Listening through my Behringer monitors with eq flat, to my ears, the Pops UkeSA sounded very bright, I'm sure that'll cut through any mix or instruments, I'm sure in part due to the spruce. The Kamaka sounded more played in and warmer. The koa KoAloha...
  8. J

Which strings from classical string set for baritone?

Thanks Bill and Jim.
  9. J

Which strings from classical string set for baritone?

I was just given a Mitchell solid spruce/lam rosewood baritone. It needed the D and G strings. I bought a set of Daddario Pro Arte normal tension strings. Which strings out of this classical set do I use for the bari? To me it makes sense to use the D and G from the Daddario set. But the...
  10. J

NUD: Martin 0XK concert

Congrats on your new Martin Concert!
  11. J

A well used Magic Fluke: First impressions

Nice in depth review, thnx for sharing
  12. J

NUD - Ohana TK50G and Pono MGTD Tenors

Congrats on a fine pair of tenors! While I love my Ohana mahogany tenor, that Pono looks sweet!
  13. J

My new(used) Kala KA-8E

Sweet! Congrats on a nice 8 stringer! Is it a tenor body size?
  14. J

Tenor strings to add some sparkle

I did a search and couldn't find anything, hence this thread. I have an Ohana Tk-20 solid mahogany top, lam back and sides. Strung with a low G , D'Addario EJ99TLG Pro-Art strings. Anyone with a suggestion for strings to add some sparkle? Thanks in advance. -joe
  15. J

50 Classical Themes for low G Ukulele

These are great, thank u for sharing Putter!
Top Bottom