Recent content by jtsteam

1. jtsteam

Season 511 It's Essential!

I was half expecting someone else to have done this, but since they haven't yet, here is my attempt. This is dedicated to school teachers, and to those who've had to home school over the last couple of years. It's a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young song, here performed with slightly fewer...
  2. jtsteam

I wanted to do something to celebrate the role of bin collectors. There was a point last winter when we didn't have our bins collected for about four weeks, due to a combination of weather, sickness, and some other things, and you notice it doesn't half pile up quickly if nobody does anything...
  3. jtsteam

Hi Sabine! Thanks for the theme - definitely good to remember the people we take for granted. I wanted to dedicate something to the people who get us all to work. A lot of people wouldn't make it to their jobs at the hospitals, supermarkets, emergency services and so on, if it wasn't for the bus...
  4. jtsteam

SOTU 510 | Friends & Family

It's not you, it's youtube... it isn't a new bug, but it seems to be doing this more at the moment, to me at least.
  5. jtsteam

I haven't counted but my impression is the friends are outnumbering family so far, so here's a quick family one. It's a Beatles song about things your mother should know, and it's called "Your Mother Should Know". By the way, Arvin, the youtube comment eating bug ate your comment on my last...
  6. jtsteam

Anyone remember John Otway? He had a big punk hit in the 1970s in the UK with "Really Free". Its B-side "Beware of the Flowers ('cos I'm sure they're gonna get you yeah)" sold just as many copies (that's the joke he makes in his live show :)). Since then, he didn't have much success, and...
  7. jtsteam

Hi Arvin! Thanks for hosting! So... what is it that friends do? I gather that one thing they do is stay up late talking and drinking and smoking unlikely things and so on until the police come and spoil their fun and arrest them. At least, that's what happens in this classic from Lindisfarne...
  8. jtsteam

Season 509 - ‘Water, water everywhere…’

Hello again Del! I've seen this Bob Dylan song come up on the Seasons a couple of times or more over the last year or so, so I think I'll have a go now. It's only fair to warn you that there's a harmonica involved. Apparently it was written in a rage when a hotel wouldn't let him in due to...
  9. jtsteam

I'm sure we've all had the sort of day when we get home and just want to make a very loud noise indeed. Well, I was making that sort of noise this evening with a uke on my sofa (admittedly, it's hard to make a particularly loud noise with a uke, but still...) and it occurred to me that it fit...
  10. jtsteam

Hi Del! Thanks for the wide open theme, and a great cause. This is a song by Frank Black, better known to fans of the Pixies as Black Francis and to his mother (I assume) as Charles Thompson IV. It's from his 2005 solo album Honeycomb, which sounds not very much like the Pixies at all. This is...
  11. jtsteam

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

I have to be pedantic and say it's "The Big Steamy Thing" because otherwise the anagram doesn't work :). Anyway, fun as always, thanks all!
  12. jtsteam

Season 508 - The French Connection

We've had some Georges Brassens, and we've had some Jake Thackray, so how about a combination? This is "Over To Isobel", a Jake Thackray translation of the Georges Brassens song "Je Rejoindrai Ma Belle". I added the last three lines of the original in French at the end, just to make sure there...
  13. jtsteam

I thought it'd be fun to try singing a song in French, so here's a jolly little song by Charles Trenet. In hindsight, perhaps I should have picked a slower one with fewer opportunities to stumble over the words, but by about take 10 I thought it finally got close enough. I gather there are...
  14. jtsteam

Season #502 - Look What They've Done To My Song Ma!

I got home not long ago after a long day doing whatever it is I do for a living to find ths CD on the doormat. Then I spent far too long failing to post a photo of it to the forum (apparently the picture is too big) - I've given up now. Anyway, I'm enjoying listening to it now while making...
  15. jtsteam

Bonsoir tout le monde, et merci Ylle. Voici un chanson de l'orchestre de lumière électrique, avec un vers en Français: It's been a while since I tried speaking French. I had to look up too many of those words. I hope Mr Smythe isn't checking up on me...