Recent content by Kenn2018

1. Kenn2018

New Uke Day (NUD) 2016 HP-1 (100th Anniversary Model)

Congratulations! What a wonderful find. She's a beauty. Glad you were able to sell your 2023 to cover your cost. The 100th Anniversary editions are highly coveted and held if found. A couple of years ago I almost scored a 100th Anniv. tenor on FB. Alas, the "mint" condition instrument was...
  2. Kenn2018

For Sale Kanile'a Koa Pineapple Tenor Deluxe P-1T DLX

No, I'm trying to reduce my inventory. But thanks for asking.
  3. Kenn2018

WHEW!!!!

Waiting after you pull the trigger is always the hardest part. Either it's waiting for the shipping. Or for the setup to be done. With TUS, the setup takes the time, usually around two weeks, but I've had it stretch to three. Then it goes to shipping and is gone the day after that. I live in...
  4. Kenn2018

Can we say Aloha in Montana?

The Makala Dolphin is also a great little beginner uke to teach with. To be hnest, I'm not sure what the difference is between the Shark and the Dolphin models. But they are often different prices.
  5. Kenn2018

D7 or Hawaiian D7?

Just to add another variable, it makes a difference if yu have a Low-G or High-g string on your uke. That will also change the way the D7 shapes sound. The Hal Leonard "Ukulele Chord Finder" shows three versions for every chord. It comes in both a large format book, or a smaller size that you...
  6. Kenn2018

Well, well, well….

Other than that...
  7. Kenn2018

Help me find my dream uke

Oh man. Having something stolen is bad enough, but your ukuleles! Outrageous! Really sorry that happened to you. I hope you find something special to replace them.
  8. Kenn2018

New Uke Day (NUD) Quadruple New Uke Day

Take your time with them. Let the strings settle and try new strings if you need to. Let them settle and do a comparison. Then let us know what you think.
  9. Kenn2018

Friends of Old Puppy

Feels like a Bluegrass foundation with flavors of jazz & country.
  10. Kenn2018

Hi Corinto, welcome to the UU Forum. I'm also retired, but no children. I understand that having children is hereditary. Chances are if your parents didn't have any, you wouldn't either... Bad joke—good group of people here. Glad you joined.
  11. Kenn2018

Any swedish ukulele players here to connect with?

Welcome to the UU Forum ItsUkuLovely. I hope you are able to connect with other Swedish players.I think there were a couple of other Swedish players that have posted here in the past. Best of luck.
  12. Kenn2018

Greetings from Oregon

Hi Twall, welcome to the UU Forum. Glad to see you've jumped right in and started to contribute. Ponos are brilliant instruments. A lot of bang for the buck. I've owned six, now down to only one.
  13. Kenn2018

Pahoa > Everywhere > Coastal Georgia

Welcome to the UU Forum Dave. What an interesting life you have lead. Your boat trip was great, thanks for sharing the story. I love the thought of a grumbling parrot. (I've known a few.) It paints a fun picture in my head. The uke community in Hawaii sounds special. I hope you can find...
  14. Kenn2018

Greetings from Portugal 🇵🇹

Welcome to the UU Forum Mira. "Ukulele Social Club." I love the way that sounds: close and very friendly. You will find lots of interesting discussions and information here.
  15. Kenn2018

Hello! From Naples, Florida

Welcome to the UU Forum Doc Ivory. Very cool that you play so many instruments. Alas, I only play tenor ukes. Enjoy the Forum.
Top Bottom