Recent content by Kenn2018

1. Kenn2018

Risa electric ukes

Oops sorry. Thinking about my Risa Stick.
  2. Kenn2018

Hi from new member in NJ

I find Fremont BlackLine mediums to be pretty easy on the hands. Very bendy.
  3. Kenn2018

Risa electric ukes

They are fun electric ukes. Not having a headstock takes some getting used to—maybe 1/2 hr. I take my tenor when I travel. It fits in my suitcase and I can play it in the hotel room and not disturb my wife or the the people in the adjacent rooms. The only downside is changing the strings. It...
  4. Kenn2018

Ukulele/ Bluegrass festival?

When I went two years ago it was fun to see some of the Bluegrass acts. Though I did tire of the electric saw after a few songs. A lot of spontaneous Bluegrass jams going on in the Hotel. Not so much with ukes. Lil' Rev had some excellent seminars and an outstanding performance. All-in-all an...
  5. Kenn2018

2015 Kamaka HF3 Tenor Ukulele

Where in Wisconsin?
  6. Kenn2018

Brace yourself...

Check out David Ingalls', of Ono Ukuleles, blog about his new "flying buttress" ukuleles. http://onoukes.com/blog A somewhat radical departure in bracing and builds.
  7. Kenn2018

Brace yourself...

I think that the fact that most concert and tenor, and even soprano ukes now have two-piece backs and soundboards must have affected the way they are braced. I would think that the fretboards that sit on the upper part of the soundboard will also affect the bracing. Solid kerfing is also very...
  8. Kenn2018

What is the point of plastic ukes?

Depends on the wooden uke. The inside of the body is not finished. It's raw wood. As are most fretboards and bridges. The thin soundboard is the most vulnerable part of a ukulele. If it gets a little damp on the outside and you wipe it off quickly, most lkely there won't be a problem. If it gets...
  9. Kenn2018

Brace yourself...

I have owned a 2004 Ko'Aloha Crown Bridge tenor; currently own a 2017 KTM-00; and had the opportunity to play and compare a 2019(?) KTM-00. The unibrace has indeed evolved. The 2004 was fairly thick and positioned close to the sound hole. The 2017 was thinner, the hole was bigger, and it was...
  10. Kenn2018

Taropatch Brands

There's a 1920s Martin 1M Taropatch on offer at UkuleleFriend.com It has had some repairs. No sound samples though.
  11. Kenn2018

Rebel Invictus NUD

Hope your finger heals quickly. The Invictus looks like a lovely instrument. Sounded good in the sound sample I heard by SUS?
  12. Kenn2018

First concert since the lockdown

Awesome! That's the best price there is.
  13. Kenn2018

Greetings from a rain swept Lancashire

Hi CJY Welcome to the UU Forum. I was saved from my photography affliction when it all went digital. I sold most of my film-based stuff for pennies on the dollar. Bought the bare necessities for a camera. Upgraded twice as the resolution got better and better. But I found that 1) I like photos...
  14. Kenn2018

Hi from new member in NJ

Wlcome to the UU Forum Jim! Yep, another arthritis player here. I play tenors. I've found a low action and bendy strings helps a lot.
  15. Kenn2018

Ukuleles in Las Vegas

Good Point