Recent content by kerneltime

1. K

Using CNC To Build Ukuleles - Good or Bad?

As a buyer I am fine with CNC, if it helps improve quality and reliability so be it. Some folks use CNC to add a ton of bling and then charge more than what folks doing only hand made bling charge, some folks might like that, no right or wrong here but I am not into that.
  2. K

Georgia on my Mind - Duets for One

Nicely done! Reminds me to finish learning this song..
  3. K

Yup. I definitely have UAS.

Buying a ukulele you want to play will lead you to play it more often and you will improve faster.. you don’t need to have multiple ukuleles but make sure you love the ukulele you play enough that you play it everyday..
  4. K

Compass Rose Koa Tenor - Rick Turner

Yup. I believe this is part if his last batch. As I never saw a new compass rose for sale post buying this one. Maybe someone has a higher serial number..?
  5. K

Collings Doghair Finish Mahogany tenor

I am basing the price on what I know similar finish ukuleles tenor and concert have sold for (I have a couple of friends who own Doghair ukes). It is cheaper to transact here on UU vs Reverb. This ukulele is awesome and I would regret selling it even at this price but I ordered a few custom ukes...
  6. K

Pepe Romero Moon Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood - Custom built by Pepe

Thank you for the kind words. Feel free to ask any questions or request more pics.
  7. K

Updated the gallery with pics of the label, serial no and case.
  8. K

Selling one of the most aesthetically striking ukuleles from Collings. This Ukulele has Bill's signature. It sounds as impressive as it looks. Collings ukuleles have a light build that resonates with its entire body and neck. I had been waiting to own this one for a long time and I have enjoyed...
  9. K

Compass Rose Koa Tenor - Rick Turner

I picked up this ukulele from Gryphon Strings early on in my ukulele journey. This ukulele has been my go-to standard when comparing ukuleles for action, playability, and sound. This ukulele sounds good up the neck and has a very modern sound. I based the neck of a few custom ukuleles on this...
  10. K

John Kinnard Interview

I think John S Kinnard makes ukes and John Kinnard makes guitars
  11. K

John Kinnard Interview

Not the same guy as the John Kinnard who makes ukuleles from what I remember. That said, fretboard journal and the podcast are amazing.
  12. K

New Ukulele Underground Discord Server

I am not a boomer but I don’t like discord.. Google cannot search it and unless you plan to live chat it is horrible
  13. K

I updated the listing with the price. Thank you.
  14. K

I bought this Ukulele from Pepe himself. This was a uke he had available while the waiting list was around a year or 2. This ukulele sounds amazing and the main thing that stood out for me was the evenness and balance across all nodes across all fret positions. This is due to his skin bracing...
  15. K

Meet Vivienne, a very Grand Tenor by Pat Megowan

You have sampled some of the best over the years! Your language itself is a work of art! I can understand how special this must be. Congrats! I am guessing DGBE?