Recent content by Kimosabe

1. K

What were your most helpful instructional materials for learning ukulele?

Glen Rose’s jazz ukulele books and videos. Mark Kailana Nelson’s picking books The Lute and Uke book
  2. K

Early baritones who made what and when?

Keith Richard and Ike Turner both took off their low E on their guitars. I wonder if others played guitar with only four strings. I’ve read that Carl Perkins was such a poor share cropper that he had to tie a broken string back together.
  3. K

Early baritones who made what and when?

Where do Gianninis fit in that history?
  4. K

Ubass and percussion

I just used an El Cheapo Kala mahogany ubass hitched to Garage Band with an Apogee Jam And then the GB combo bass setting. No screwing around, just standard settings. Maybe I went to plugins and selected jazz bass. I sometimes do that. I have a more expensive solid body Kala Ubass but not where...
  5. K

Ubass and percussion

This is ubass not ukulele. What I like about both tenors, baritones and ubasses is their sizes. I asked a famous bass player why he played uke and one reason was how easy it is to carry a uke. The same goes for a ubass. Take a listen and tell me how different this ubass sounds in comparison to...
  6. K

Ubass and drums

This is ubass not ukulele. What I like about both tenors, baritones and ubasses is their sizes. I asked a famous bass player why he played uke and one reason was how easy it is to carry a uke. The same goes for a ubass. Take a listen and tell me how different this ubass sounds in comparison to...
  7. K

Ubass Drums Groove

Thank you, Mike.
  8. K

Ubass Drums Groove

Can’t figure out how to attach a file from my Google Drive
  9. K

Pono TE-ST Steel String Solid Chambered Acacia Body Tenor A/E w/Ko'olau HSC

I have one. It’s great, great, great. Feel, tone, ease of neck, easy to charge, beautifully simple design, nice weight and balance. I’ve had it over five years. I sold my baritone version and miss it dearly. Needed money at the time. They make them with various woods. Only matters in terms of...
  10. K

Dropped 24 bass ukes, added one.

Get an inexpensive Kala ubass with the electric pickup or go on line to Rondo music and get an inexpensive Hadean. Buyna copy of the three volume Hal Leonard bass book and get cooking. Then also just play by ear and see if you can play what you hear in your head.
  11. K

Dropped 24 bass ukes, added one.

So when and how the heck did you cull those basses, one or two of which I might have been interested in?
  12. K

Baritone Uke Tonewood

The Kala Cedar tops are wonderful instruments in my opinion; the poor man’s K ukuleles.
  13. K

Baritone Uke Tonewood

Sounds like you might enjoy a spruce top for a brighter sound? I had a very nice Kanilea spruce top that I sold. Now I play Pono chambered body electric tenor and baritone and get the sound I want through amp and effect settings. I love a nice acoustic sound but that‘s not where I am at the moment.
  14. K

I don't think this is cool at all

Hallelujah and pass the offerings plate. From Save Me to Help Me Save. For a small price I’ll give you a discount. Well, not so small a price after all. Save us!
  15. K

I don't think this is cool at all

Very convincing video. Thanks for apologizing. Do you have a discount on the setup for a Mar-a-Lago tenor?