Recent content by Knows Picker

1. K

Parlor guitar search

Arrived yesterday, just in time for Santa to gift it to me! Still not sure how I was able to get it to Florida from Thomann cheaper than any US dealer. https://www.thomannmusic.com/recording_king_rm_993.htm
  2. K

Christmas music

Every video game has a boss. For Christmas I think it is “Christmas time is here”
  3. K

Happiness equation

I noticed that I am happiest when playing the banjo uke. Funny thing is, for some reason that's when the people around me seem to be the LEAST happy. Hmmm??
  4. K

Medical MJ where do you stand

Absolutely!
  5. K

Mandola (Mandolin)

Gold Tone has some decent stuff and has nice quality control too. I actually started on the mandolin before the ukulele. I still mess around with it. Just past 2000 something I got one of those Asian Over the Top Inlaid instruments. It is a mandola. Boy, if looks could kill!! Griffins all over...
  6. K

Medical MJ where do you stand

Now I'm seeing signs for Delta 8. Has anyone tried this, and what were your results?
  7. K

Best Guitar for kids

Unless she already plays, I would go for a tenor guitar or a baritone ukulele. The learning curve is not as steep. Its important to get the first three chords down right away or else the student will lose interest. When I was about 8 or 9 I got a "Hondo" guitar for Christmas. Neck like a...
  8. K

What ukulele players do you like to listen to, and where you do find their music?

I've got a CD from the early 2000's by a band called Hulabilly. Its mostly standards but still gets a lot of play. Locally there is a band called Big Pineapple that is worth checking out if you find yourself on the beach in Northeast Florida.
  9. K

Strings for a bass

KohanMike is definitely the expert here on uke basses. I'm not a big fan of the rubbery ones, I prefer something that feels a bit more traditional: https://www.stringsbymail.com/gold-tone-microbass-silverbacks-silver-wrapped-nylon-strings-17971.html
  10. K

Ukulele sliding in ones lap

Is this going to be like that "what are your left hand fingers doing" thread? Am I going to go home and find the uke sliding all around on my leg tonight? Just a warning, if that happens, my pants are coming off.
  11. K

Back to the original problem of the uke sliding around. Maybe this would work too? https://www.squattypotty.com/ But now it would be even MORE imperative that you remove your pants...
  12. K

With his little ukulele in his hand....
  13. K

Try taking off your pants
  14. K

What do you put on wooden pegs to make them work better?

In a pinch, I have used violin rosin to stop the slipping.
  15. K

How manufacturers can encourage UAS

I think you should really lean on the homebuilders. Stop all this nonsense about "guest rooms" and give the people what they really want - a ukulele wing !!!