Recent content by Lime

1. Lime

I've created a monster (well, three monsters)

As I've said before, I'm not only learning ukulele, but I'm teaching my 5-year-old daughter to play as well. We're having so much fun that I ordered a baritone uke for my 7-year-old son (who is learning guitar, so the skills are transferable). We haven't gotten the baritone yet, but he joins...
  2. Lime

"Hawaiian Guitar"

So, is that an appropriate thing to call a ukulele? I'm thinking not since it is consistently emphasized that ukuleles are not just small guitars, but after participating in this thread about beginners learning ukuleles, I reread the emails I exchanged with the only local ukulele instructor...
  3. Lime

Triumph Triangle Uke

The whole point of this ukulele is to be a tough, affordable, easy-to-play uke with a good sound for beginners. I'm looking for my first uke, so does anyone know - does it deliver? It's available from Empire Music. Anyone buy from them? Not sure if they do set-up or not. Maybe I'll shoot...
  4. Lime

Baritone Ukuleles... Explain.

So, I've sort of been ignoring the existence of baritone ukes because my daughter got a soprano and I want a concert, but then I read about how baritones are tuned like the bottom four strings of a guitar. Well, I've also been looking into cigar box guitars because my son, who is starting...
  5. Lime

Teaching Kids

Has anyone taught a child (mine is 5) how to play ukulele? Either professionally, or just your own kid? Any book/website/technique that works? I myself do not play ukulele and we will be learning together, so something step-by-step that doesn't assume expertise from a teacher is needed...
  6. Lime

Unique Coconut Ukulele

As I said over in my intro, I'm a newb looking for a ukulele. I came across this ukulele on eBay and it seems like it's made from good materials to me, and it's also really cute. So what do you think? Bearing in mind that this uke is mostly for my 5-year-old and while I'm going to make her...
  7. Lime

Newb Here

Hello, everyone. I don't even have a ukulele yet, because I don't know which one I want to buy, but here I am. My five-year-old wants one and I figure I'll learn to play it, too. So, hello! P.S. I swear, if that thing asks me to prove I'm human by writing out that string of nonsense again...