Recent content by Macbrayne

1. Macbrayne

Opinion on Concert Ukes

Its time to spend my savings on a new (or pre-loved) concert. Here in Australia there is not much choice at the moment so I have narrowed it down to 2 options, Kanilea OHA C and Martin C1k. I'd like opinions on both please. I'd also consider Pono concerts but I cannot find any here. I'd be open...
  2. Macbrayne

Ohana Ck39 solid mahogany Concert

Ohana's homage to the Martin style 3. As new condition, I have only had this 3 months. Selling as UAS made me buy a Martin C1k. Fitted with strap buttons an Living Waters strings this is a very nice instrument. Comes with Uke Crazy travel case. Located in Queensland, Australia. AUS $330...
  3. Macbrayne

Mary's Wedding

Would appreciate help with the left hand fingering for this tune from Sam's Scottish Folk Songs book. Unfortunately the book isn't quite as basic as the publishers make out. It would have been ideal if it followed the same format as Sam's ebooks which are excellent.
  4. Macbrayne

WTB - Ohana CK-39

Price plus shipping to Australia please.
  5. Macbrayne

WTB - Set of books for James Hill's The Ukulele Way

My originalbooks were damaged in storm water. Looking to buy a cheap replacement set with or without cds. Based in Australia. If you have a set or any individual books let me know price and shipping.
  6. Macbrayne

Want to exchange Pono AT for concert uke

Located in Australia. I'd like to exchange my Pono AT bought from Mim earlier this year for a decent concert scale uke. I have a hard time getting my sausage fingers under control on sopranos and can't manage some spreads on tenors when playing chord/melody and fingerstyle. Concert size is the...
  7. Macbrayne

Want to exchange Martin S1 for concert

Located in Australia but I will ship anywhere. I'd like to exchange my Martin S1 and hard case for a decent concert scale uke. I have a hard time getting my sausage fingers under control on sopranos and can't manage some spreads on tenors when playing chord/melody and fingerstyle. Concert size...
  8. Macbrayne

More gibson pics

9. Macbrayne

FOR SALE - Gibson Style 2 Soprano Mid 1930s

For sale is this beautiful condition Gibson and G&S Co. Hard case. From my enquiries I believe the Gibson logo on the headstock is from the mid 1930's and the instrument is a style 2. The case has the embossed Geib & Schaeffer Co. Masterkraft logo on the underside which helps date it to 1936...
  10. Macbrayne

Ukulele history

I bought an old uke hardcase today and in the little compartment were these original unused gut strings. A nice little bit of history. Anyone able to date the brandname?
  11. Macbrayne

Gibson identity

Hi all, Is it possible to identify which model my Gibson soprano is. From the logo I believe it to be mid 1930's but not sure if it is a style 1 or 2. I suspect style 2 had the rope binding around the soundhole. The uke has an X braced top. Thanks for any help.
  12. Macbrayne

Wtb or trade - pono concert -solid mahogany or mango

Getting itchy here in Australia for another Pono. This time looking for either a solid mahogany or mango concert. I already have an AT acacia tenor and an ACD Acacia concert and love them. Looking to buy or trade for my Ohana TK38 or Martin S1 (modern). Photos on request.
  13. Macbrayne

Ukulele Way Books vs Videos

Anyone else doing James Hill Ukulele Way course? Hi I opted to buy the books only and I am going ok. However, I don't have previous experience of musical notation and it can be a bit hard to work out what is to be played ie. Book 4 Lesson 3 Santa Lucia. I have to go through the notes one by...
  14. Macbrayne

FS OHANA TK 38 + hard case . Free shipping in Australia

Selling one of my beautiful TK38s. All mahogany excellent condition. PHD strings. With hard case. FREE SHIPPING WITHIN AUSTRALIA. AUS $450. Not negotiable.
  15. Macbrayne

Looking for Jeeves/ Wooster chord melody

By Anne Dudley. Can anyone help?