Recent content by macfish

1. M

FS: Mya Moe Tenor Resonator #2180 perfect condition

For sale is my Mya Moe Tenor Resonator in figured mahogany, rope binding, peghead tuners, etc. see the spec sheet in the photo or go to https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=2180 Includes extra set of strings, original case. $850 includes shipping in continental USA...
  2. M

Guitar strings on a uke - newbie question

So I want to try the Thomastic Infeld CF27 and 30 on my tenor uke. The strings come with what looks like nylon or some kind of wrapping on the ends and a loop. Do I snip these off before stringing? Thanks!
  3. M

Mya Moe NUD delayed - xxxx happens when working with wood

Yikes. Last January I decided to order a tenor resonator. Notified in December to lock config, and it started March 6. So fun to track its progress. We got to the first coat of oil and BAM. Got a call from Char saying there is an issue with the side/sides, apparently unsalvageable. Back to...
  4. M

Hard Shell case for Koaloha- keep the humidity in. Recommendations please :-)

I've been very happy with the Kamaka case. It's not cheap to ship from Hawaii but so far is holding humidity well in central Ohio.
  5. M

Interesting news from Mya Moe today

Changing things up and winding down orders over the next couple years. I need to make a decision soon!
  6. M

Ukulele Way glacially slow for anyone else?

I got a message last week when I tried to view the site that they were updating/changing servers/upgrading. Today it is glacially slow or even times out. Anyone else having issues?
  7. M

FS: Mono M80 Tenor Uke case/bag

So I decided to get a Kamaka hard case for my uke, and rather than buy a second uke (yet) I'm selling a practically new Mono M80 tenor case. Light weight, roomy, protective. Outside pocket can hold string winder, tuner, sets of strings, etc. Details at: http://monocreators.com/ukulele-tenor/...
  8. M

Ken Middleton @ Uke Republic 1/30/16 Atlanta Georgia

Tickets in advance or at the door? Might need to plan a trip to ATL a couple days prior to 3rd grandchild's birth!
  9. M

Jake in Cincinnati Dec 29th

Thanks! Would probably have missed this without UU!
  10. M

Restringing help - one tuner different than the other 3?

Relative newbie here, restrung a Pono once, and if I recall correctly, when done, the top two tuners g & c turned the same way to tighten/loosen, and the bottom two e & a also turned together. Restringing my new tenor last night, it seems that G turns toward me to tighten, c turns away, then e...
  11. M

Show us your ukes!

My new and one and only uke. Scott Wise tenor, standard model, Tasmanian blackwood, ebony fretboard, setup low G.
  12. M

NUD - Scott Wise Tenor

Thanks all, not sure I have the resources to weigh it, but it is very light weight. You can tap the soundboard and wave it in the air and it "sings". Standard strings are Nylgut with a wound low G, but it's pretty squeaky. I'll leave them for awhile, then experiment with a Fremont soloist, GHS...
  13. M

NUD - Scott Wise Tenor

Scott was able to finish the instrument, bring it to Hawaii and ship it from there to save some costs. Suffice it to say I am thrilled with my new (and one and only) uke. Very light, nice thin neck, amazing sustain and intonation. Now I need to adjust some muscle memory and work like hell to...
  14. M

FS: Pono MT mahogany tenor w/many extras - $285

FS: Pono MT mahogany tenor w/many extras - $270 Now that my custom has arrived, I'm concentrating on just one uke. This Pono MT is in mint condition, less than 6 months old. Setup was recently checked and blessed at Uke Republic. Strung high g with Worth Browns. Heel and neck cocobolo with...
  15. M

NUOTW - new uke on the way

I've only been playing for a few months, a Pono MT. But when I found out about Scott Wise, something tripped. We visited friends in Margaret River in 2012, long before a uke was on my mind. But comments here and elsewhere prompted me to contact him and lo, an order was placed. Will probably...
Top Bottom