Matt Clara's latest activity

• Matt Clara
    Matt Clara reacted to Tom Snape's post in the thread Bending iron with Like Like.
    I ended up buying the electric bender from S-M with the small diameter extension. It's seems safer to use but honestly I think my torch...
  • Matt Clara
    Matt Clara replied to the thread Bending iron.
    I finally bought a fox bender; if I was starting over I'd be tempted by those Alibaba ones someone listed above. Making your own is a...
  • Matt Clara
    According to a blog I read online....Jet have finally admitted that there is a flaw on the design of the old 10-20 ..I understand that...
  • Matt Clara
    All done and listed .....Now for a tidy up in the workshop.. and then back to making sawdust again. 293AA62A-D4A8-4038-8484-5BFDA52B9D4D...
  • Matt Clara
    It matters because a halogen is smaller. Want to make tight bends in the waist or a cutaway? Good luck doing that around a pipe that...
  • Matt Clara
    Nonetheless, the halogens get hotter than the incandescent. "There's one more difference that affects the use of some halogens. This is...
  • Matt Clara
    A 75 watt halogen will fit a smaller pipe and generate more heat per watt than a 100 watt incandescent. Don't be tempted by a 150 watt...
  • Matt Clara
    The things I liked about it are it's a bit faster than a traditional sharpening method, and it claims it can help get the most out of an...
  • Matt Clara
    Haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. https://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniques/the-unicorn-sharpening-meathod/
  • Matt Clara
    Matt Clara replied to the thread Tinnitus scare.
    Remind the young folks to wear their hearing protection. I've had tinnitus since 2011. Saw a ton of concerts as a young man.
  • Matt Clara
    Matt Clara reacted to Timbuck's post in the thread Hit a nail with Like Like.
    The tooth form of these blades are quite different. The "Highland Wood worker Slicer" is a varying tooth pitch. The Tuff Saws "Super...
  • Matt Clara
    Matt Clara replied to the thread Hit a nail.
    Had to look it up: only available from Tough Saws in the UK "Supertuff Fastcut" blades. About the closest thing the US has got that...
  • Matt Clara
    Matt Clara reacted to Jim Yates's post in the thread sound hole shape with Like Like.
    Here's my Joe Zier uke. I love it.
  • Matt Clara
    Matt Clara reacted to man0a's post in the thread sound hole shape with Like Like.
    This research report from MIT says violins originally had rounder sound holes, but evolved (over 800 years) to the current F-shaped...
  • Matt Clara
    Matt Clara replied to the thread Hit a nail.
    I did something similar the other day, but worse, forgot to lift a toggle clamp out of the way and ran it into a new table saw blade...