Recent content by Melissa82

1. Melissa82

Uke’s for low humidity

I thought the Kiwaya was too bright for my taste. I think I’m going to go with a tenor this time around. I like the Koa sound, so finding a laminate I like is tough. Blackbird is way too expensive for me.
  2. Melissa82

Uke’s for low humidity

Any rec’s on a uke for a low humidity area? I’m not the best at using case humidifiers. I have a mahogany Mainland concert I’ve owned for a pretty long time and it’s cracked on both sides of the seam. It’s pricey to fix so figure I’ll get a new uke.
  3. Melissa82

::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I still have that busted Ohana it replaced. I also have a concert Mainland but it has developed a crack on both side’s of the seam pretty bad. It’s quite expensive to fix. I regret selling my Koa uke… sigh.
  4. Melissa82

Lol, hi! I still play that little dog uke once and awhile. I picked it up the other day. I haven’t played in forever and pretty much forget how. I’m trying to learn again.
  5. Melissa82

How many old timers are still here

Me! But, I burned bridges because I was a snot. Life changed, I changed for the better now, though. I put use’s on the back burner for many years. I’m feeling the urge to pick it up again. Kind of at a loss where to begin. The internet is so much different than it was over 10 years ago!
  6. Melissa82

Lol, can’t believe this thread is still around!
  7. Melissa82

Going to a Kanikapila - Phoenix, AZ

I found out that a group has a monthly Kanikapila here in Phoenix every month. I figure I'd check it out for ukulele reasons. They are going to have a jam session playing Hawaiian songs. I've never been to one before so it should be fun, I hope. Anyone else here going? Here are links to the...
  8. Melissa82

Savarez Strings

I just received my concert size Mainland Mahogany uke in the mail today from kkimura. I slapped on some Savarez strings and they are amazing. I used to really like Worth Clears but these Savarez strings are amazing. If you are looking for a warm sound, definitely check them out.
  9. Melissa82

LF: Used Mainland Mango or Mahogany Concert

Made my decision. Looking for a used Mainland Mango or all Mahogany concert. :)
  10. Melissa82

LF Concert Uke

Totally regretting selling my tenor uke so many years ago here on UU. Now, I'm back in to the uke thing and think I want a nice concert. I do have a concert now that is doing the job just fine (other than falling out of tune every two seconds) but I am missing that solid top sound. I'm looking...
  11. Melissa82

::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Nope. I'm a nail tech now so kind of hard to play with long nails. http://astralsplendors.tumblr.com/ https://www.facebook.com/NailsByMelissaGlover Hi! HI, lol, that made me chuckle. Yes it is. I'm 5'2 he is 6'4. That pic is over 4 years old too. I cut my hair. They call me by my Russian spy...
  12. Melissa82

Seattle/Tacoma - Needing some help

Hubby and I have decided that we are going to move to the Seattle/Tacoma area. He may be able to find a job at Ft. Lewis once he is out of the army there. As of March 1, I have no idea where I'm living or working. Thankfully, my husband will have his military income until June so we are pretty...
  13. Melissa82

Minnesota

Husband and I decided we are moving to Minnesota, in the Twin Cities area (probably Minneapolis). I'm going to go up there as soon as possible to find a job and place to live. Does anyone know some good places to start looking for work?