Recent content by MentalAtom

1. MentalAtom

Price Drop [EU] Enya (Kaka) EUT-MAD Tenor w/Pickup

Bump and price drop to 250!
  2. MentalAtom

Sold Kamaka HF-4DC UK

Not just the UK, EU too since I moved... I'm done with my UAS and buying more ukes after I sell what I'm selling now because it's just ridiculously hard and you end up losing a lot of money. I don't know why either, there's plenty of ukulele players around so you'd think the market would be easy...
  3. MentalAtom

Bump! Still looking for a new home 😄
  4. MentalAtom

@MattyNaylor Just for you 😜 I always thought it looked a bit odd...
  5. MentalAtom

FYI: Big price drop, 300 inc. shipping as it was pointed out to me that you can buy this uke with a pick up cheaper (even if not too easily in the EU) - and let's not forget the misi pickup is better anyway ;) Also case-swapped to a uke-crazy case to bring the price down a bit - and I decided...
  6. MentalAtom

Hey no worries, it was actually useful, I'm gonna look into it a bit more in the next few days and update the thread. I actually didn't realise the same model with the pickup was on sale so cheap 😅 even in Europe, so yeah I should rethink it.
  7. MentalAtom

Ukulele potential

I never said they should be ashamed! Not at all! And I'm not looking down on anyone, I'm definitely not an expert and many people play infinitely better than I probably ever will. I said I find it a shame that there's a lot of potential of the instrument that people don't uncover - and I was...
  8. MentalAtom

Ukulele potential

Neither! Of course they should be proud of learning something and of course they are playing music, I just personally find it a shame that a lot of people get this far and don't unlock more of the potential of their instrument, you can do so much more! If you're happy with it though, then be...
  9. MentalAtom

Ukulele potential

It's true. Like I say, I'm not trying to discourage anyone or pick fault, was just a random thought I had so I'd see what people think. It is of course also a huge advantage that's it's so easy to pick up, because it means we get more ukulele players 🎉 regardless of how far they go
  10. MentalAtom

Ukulele potential

I sometimes think that the fact that the uke is so "easy" to learn is also its biggest disadvantage. I'm no pro, not by any means, but I was playing a couple of years now and can play some basic fingerstyle pieces, use my barre chords, start to find the notes up/down the neck, do scales etc. and...
  11. MentalAtom

Thanks for your kind words 😁 but yes, I agree, considering the price I've been impressed since day 1 with the quality and sound. Sure, it's not super loud, but generally speaking in terms of playability it's really nice. The build quality is also impeccable for the price, really can't spot any...
  12. MentalAtom

Movable chord shape Em

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll give it a go 😁 it definitely seems that not-barre is the easier way to go so I just need faster fingers to get there quickly if I want to use that shape
  13. MentalAtom

Movable chord shape Em

Thanks for the photos! The second version without the barre is okay, with the barre my hands just don't want to cooperate right now 😅 I guess I just need more practice. The barre is better as all the other movable chords use it so it works out better for switching quickly, so I "want" to do...
  14. MentalAtom

Movable chord shape Em

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of learning movable chord shapes, and I can't figure out how to get my fingers to make this shape (attached), any tips?
Top Bottom