Recent content by mikef

1. mikef

Soprano Jack Position

Hi, I'm about to get a pick-up (Mi-Si) fitted to a soprano uke and wondered what the consensus is about the position of the jack input? I have three sopranos with pre-fitted pick-ups with jack inputs that are off centre, that is they point in varying degrees towards the floor. I know putting...
  2. mikef

The Ukelites & MikeF

Hey UU, I am extremely honoured to be playing host (with my Uke Planet hat on) to The Ukelites here in North Wales next Friday. Not only do I get to spend time with these lovely people who are travelling over all the way from Munich, but we're all putting on a show at my local pub! If you do...
  3. mikef

Akg c411

Just wondering if anyone has tried an AKG C411 vibration pickup on their uke? http://www.akg.com/pro/p/c411group
  4. mikef

LR Baggs 5.0 in a Flea

Has anyone fitted a LR Baggs 5.0 pick-up to a soprano Flea (or any Magic Fluke model really)? I'm thinking of doing exactly that but, of course, would value any experience anyone has of doing something similar. I should add I'm interested in hearing tales of ANY pick-ups anyone has fitted to a...
  5. mikef

Blukulele - North Wales, UK

Blukulele is an evening of ukulele music, singing, excellent real ales and ciders and an all round cracking night out. We generally have a ukulele sing-a-long of some favourite tunes and then take turns to perform solos or duets or just relax watching others do all the hard work. Anyone and...
  6. mikef

Season 179 - I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue

There is a BBC Radio 4 institution, a radio comedy panel show where old comedians go to try and stay awake for 30 mins whilst indulging themselves in witty parlour games to amuse the regular listener. This has been going on for over 40 years and is still going strong. The show proffers a number...
  7. mikef

SOTU 142 - 5 Hour Energy Plink

Anyone for a cuppa?? Thanks again BigDaddyUker and mysterious sketch artist ;) LOVE IT!!!
  8. mikef

Season 145 - Croeso i Gymru

Bore Da! Welcome to Season 145! This week I'd like to shine a light on the music of Wales! I want you to record any song written by, performed by or made famous by a Welsh band or artist OR if nothing takes your fancy, feel free to write an original song or find a song about beautiful Wales...
  9. mikef

Chester Summer Strum, UK

Hey guys... just noticed this wonderful day out in beautiful Chester (UK) isn't listed so I thought I'd give it a plug... 2 stages, stalls, workshops and the "buskulele"... it should be a cracking day. Sunday July 6th, 12PM till late... http://www.summerstrum.co.uk/ And here's the shameless...
  10. mikef

Season 91 - SEX CHANGE!

Season 91 - SEX CHANGE! Now that I have your attention... I want you to perform one of your favourite songs written, performed or made famous by a member of the opposite sex. It's as simple as that. I'm not looking for novelty wigs and forced vocal ranges, I'm looking for a strong...
  11. mikef

Holywell, North Wales - Saturday July 13th

They may have spelled my name incorrectly... but my performance made it into the local paper... wahoo!
  12. mikef

Holywell, North Wales - Saturday July 13th

Well it had to happen sooner or later... after many years as a gigging musician I shall be giving my first solo ukulele performance this weekend!! Saturday July 13th from 10 AM. Holywell (town centre), Flintshire, North Wales. Craft and Produce Fair stalls with activities galore plus live...
  13. mikef

Season 61 - It’s time to play the music, it’s time to light the lights...

The Results That was Muppet week and our very special guest star winner is (winners badge plus misc uke and muppet badges AND 50 of your chosen design)... [drum roll Animal please]... uke4ia - Professional Pirate... Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Great song & performnace, hilarious puppet...
  14. mikef

Season 61 - It’s time to play the music, it’s time to light the lights...

Welcome to the 61st Season of the Ukulele... and this week’s theme is... The Muppets! The rules are... ANY song that has been performed by any Jim Henson creation (see below) PLEASE don’t post any videos until Sunday One official entry per person with the main focus being the ukulele Please...
  15. mikef

Greetings from North Wales, UK

Well hello UU! I'm a musician/singer-songwriter of many years currently residing in North Wales. I have recently discovered this amazing little instrument and following in the footsteps of so many others, I am completely hooked. The versatility and portability have completely won me over. I've...