mjh42's latest activity

• mjh42
    mjh42 replied to the thread Risa electric ukes.
    The Risa instruments were pretty high on my list when I went looking for an electric uke. Mim's carries them regularly. I decided I...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 replied to the thread Ukulele/ Bluegrass festival?.
    I've been to the event several times now. Even staying at the venue so I don't have to deal with travel time.....maybe a whole 25...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 reacted to VegasGeorge's post in the thread New Bamboo, - Wahoo! with Like Like.
    I just returned from a little four day jaunt on my Triumph Bonneville. I didn't go too far, just up to Waco and back. But I spent...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 replied to the thread "Having" vs. "Wanting"....
    I have all the uke's I might ever really need, unless something got totally broken, stolen, destroyed. I do have a craving every once...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 reacted to ghostrdr's post in the thread "Having" vs. "Wanting"... with Like Like.
    "The journey is better than the inn." - Cervantes But, I might argue that getting the uke (or arriving at the inn) is the beginning of...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 reacted to mikelz777's post in the thread "Having" vs. "Wanting"... with Like Like.
    I've been there several times. The dream is sometimes more fun than realizing the dream. Right now I'm working on enjoying the dream...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 reacted to Paul Henneberry's post in the thread My latest batch of Concert Ukes with Like Like.
    Howdee, Some pics of the batch of concert ukes I just finished. There is one made from dark figured Australian Blackwood, another from...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 replied to the thread KoAloha's New Tuners.
    Looks as if KoAloha and other manufactures switch around their tuners with some frequency and that the buying public certainly has their...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 reacted to merlin666's post in the thread KoAloha's New Tuners with Like Like.
    Here is a headstock picture of my 2000 concert. Those friction tuners still do the job and as far as I know have not had any maintenance...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 reacted to Contrails's post in the thread New bed for my uke to lie in with Like Like.
    My Koaloha tenor has a new home to lie in now. Just receive this and some other goodies this week. Love the red stitching against the...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 reacted to Allen's post in the thread Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle Baritone - Photo Set with Like Like.
    I've had quite a run on Tiger Myrtle instruments lately. This batitone is a 20" scale length. Tried out some D'Addario strings and quite...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 replied to the thread Price increases.
    Cost increases everywhere.....recently bought a new used car.......found the window sticker in the glove compartment.........used price...
  • mjh42
    Knowing which pedals you have would be helpful. I put my equalizer pre amp first---it has a built in tuner other wise I'd put a tuner...
  • mjh42
    mjh42 replied to the thread Magic Flea sound.
    The first time I really noodled around with a Flea was on a poorly lit porch on a dark autumn evening......hard to see the dark...
  • mjh42
    I think the Godin Multiuke qualifies as a semi-hollow body but with a sold top and no real sound holes I'd say it plays more like a...