Recent content by necessaryrooster

1. N

Uke Republic

Just want to add as another satisfied customer of Uke Republic. I bought an expensive uke from them last year; they had a competitive price, great pics, did an excellent setup, and shipped quickly. I think (if I remember correctly) they even threw in a free humidifier. Wouldn't hesitate to order...
  2. N

Be careful of scammers on Reverb

I just got word-for-word the exact same message from another account, but with a different email address. Definitely a scam.
  3. N

Reverb does seem to be pretty good at shutting down the scams. I was selling some stuff last year and I'd get messages from foreign accounts and they would all ask something like "Is this still available?" The first couple times it happened I replied "yes." The account would get shut down...
  4. N

Spelling mistakes, poor grammar, story that didn't make sense, and it was a message from a Reverb account. I don't think you can message sellers without one, can you? Either way, it's weird and I don't trust it. I'll wait for a buyer willing to go through the site.
  5. N

Hi everyone, Just wanted to shoot out a friendly warning of scammers on Reverb. I posted an item yesterday, and this morning I had a message from someone saying they were interested in the instrument as a gift for their boyfriend and wanted me to send them an email to their "work email." I...
  6. N

Uke Like the Pros Online Shop

Curious what your negative experience with HMS was.
  7. N

FS: Ohana CK-450QEL (Price drop)

These are great; very sweet-sounding, very comfortable to play.
  8. N

Be wary of potential scammers

I haven't been on the forum in a while but I definitely still have this uke. Sorry to hear someone tried scamming about it :( Glad you saw the post and were able to call them out.
  9. N

A question about a girl from Oregon

I've got an all-myrtle six string baritone and I think it sounds great. I don't have particularly strong feelings about tonewoods, though. There are certain sounds I avoid but I'm not sure they're entirely dependent just on woods.
  10. N

Why is Nolyako oddly tuned

https://tuner.ninja/ This should work. It's just a chromatic tuner. Tunes to whatever you want.
  11. N

Tone Woods In Depth

A good musician can make anything sound good. There are ukes I've heard random people play that I thought sounded just awful, but in a different clip by say, Corey, Kalei, or Mika, that same uke (model) sounded great. It was the first person's playing style that I didn't like.
  12. N

Nooo...my Snail :(

Southern Ukulele Store. They're a shop in England.
  13. N

Do you have to pay it off before you get it, or is it like buying it on credit?
  14. N

Guitalele Forum

John Kinnard calls it a Kiku. I think the name should slightly depend on the tuning -- if you've got it tuned E to E then it's just a mini guitar. Although along that train of thought; I got a mini electric guitar that can be/is expected to be tuned in various tunings and it's still just that...
  15. N

Can you put one on layaway? Is that even a thing anymore?