Recent content by necessaryrooster

1. N

Baritone GCEA

These are great. I have them on my Kamaka HF-3L (19" scale) and it sounds incredible.
  2. N

For Sale Risa Tenor Strat and Harmony Baritone

Weekend bump. Open to reasonable offers.
  3. N

Please, somebody buy this

https://reverb.com/item/80341992-1928-martin-ak-koa-flatback-mandolin-video-fresh-work-ready-to-go Anybody play mandolin? $1600 for a 1928 all koa Martin seems like a great deal.
  4. N

Uke class question: I'd like to hear from other teachers, if possible.

It's an interesting topic. I wonder if there are any righties out there that play left-handed for the fretting advantage.
  5. N

Uke class question: I'd like to hear from other teachers, if possible.

What's wrong with having a lefty in class? Having to convert an instrument, or are they harder to teach/learn?
  6. N

Koaloha factory tour unveils some interesting things to come….

Wow, finally doing a baritone! I wonder why now after all these years? ....am I the only person that hates the LP/telecaster shape...? It's always disappointing that everyone seems to gravitate towards it. Never been a fan of the look of cutaways on acoustics, either. Still, looks like lots of...
  7. N

Strap buttons...where to find wood, possibly koa, or other unique or premium buttons?

If you want to get real fancy you can buy some from Bruce Petros: https://petrosguitarshop.com/collections/all/strap-button
  8. N

Zager guitar objective review

Makes sense. In all of the Zager threads I looked at, there was at least one person saying something to the effect of "oh, this again? Just read the other threads." They had nice things to say about their picks, though.
  9. N

Zager guitar objective review

Not sure that was a real person...new account, only one post and it's to defend Zager? Same with the one saying the Zager plays better than your Martin. Seems fishy. I popped over to the Acoustic Guitar Forum and they've got a lot to say about Zager....none of it good. They don't like them over...
  10. N

New Uke Day (NUD) KoAloha Red Label 2022 AAA Cedar and Koa Concert

Very well-written and thorough review Ed; loved reading it....and now wondering where I can get a red label of my own...
  11. N

How was it compared to a koa Koaloha?
  12. N

https://reverb.com/item/74305876-koaloha-custom-curly-redwood-and-sapeli-tenor-3570 Unique Koaloha, but doesn't seem to be a red label. Extremely tempting.
  13. N

Wunderkammer Musical Instrument Co.

I don't know how any of them deal with it, to be honest. I've heard so many customer horror stories from luthiers.
  14. N

How many ukuleles are too many ukuleles?

I think it becomes a collection when you have them just to have them and not play them--which could happen at any number.
  15. N

KoAloha Factory Special Pricing on the Secondary Market

Personally I when I sell used instruments I base my price around what I purchased the instrument for. If I purchased a brand new factory special at a discounted price, I use that price as the starting point and not what a brand new "perfect" instrument costs. I don't really have a "set"...
Top Bottom