Recent content by Neil_O

1. Neil_O

Lou Barlow on his history, the baritone uke, and his tunings for it

Thanks, this looks fun.
  2. Neil_O

How would you make a ukulele sound like an electric guitar?

Sounds like high gain. Some amps have it built in, or if you need a pedal, search some metalhead pedals like Boss HM-2. Maybe Ultra Metal at Sweetwater for $30. Mind you, I don't stand by this pedal (I've never heard it), it's merely an example.
  3. Neil_O

Zero fret

You should try to get a stainless steel replacement fret of the correct size (smaller). Also, I have never heard of a Zero Fret Chord, how is that different from a Nut Fret Chord?
  4. Neil_O

DIY Baritone

how about putting the sound hole on the side?
  5. Neil_O

New Ukulele Underground Discord Server

I'd like to be able to "tip" UU once in a while. I was doing VIP for a while, but I'd love another way to contribute without the auto-billing.
  6. Neil_O

The E- Chord - Is there an alternative?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I would have missed some great ideas if the zombie-thread-killers had their way!
  7. Neil_O

How would you make a ukulele sound like an electric guitar?

I would try an op-amp Rat style pedal, but since fuzz was "too much" maybe slicing the cone of the speaker, like The Kinks, in a few places would help? (winking-smiling-emoji)
  8. Neil_O

Discord...why?

yer keyboard broken?
  9. Neil_O

When you see or reply an old thread, please check if it's bumped by spammer

Is the OP's request not to revive old threads, or to not respond to old threads that have a spammer on them? I'm unclear why the spammers don't respond to new threads? And what are profile posts? Those seem to be only spam. I like old posts, and am confident that we can look at the date of...
  10. Neil_O

what do you sit on?

I like a drum stool. The coolest ones have a spring or hydraulics that let you bounce a bit. Roc-n-Soc Nitro is a cool one I've sat on they are pricey though, $200. Mine is less nice, but I'm tempted.
  11. Neil_O

Anyone play nylon guitar over a steel string?

I really like the thin feel of steel strings, so my nylon string just sits in a closet, sulking. Uke strings feel thin enough for me to enjoy or I'd be one of those people looking for steel string uke. (although I do play a mini electric guitar tuned A-a, so maybe I am that guy)
  12. Neil_O

Beautiful David Hanson Sopranino

Howdy, I sent you a PM. Thanks, Neil_o
  13. Neil_O

36 vs 38mm Nut ?

The whole point of this forum is unimportant questions and unimportant answers! My 2 cents: I wouldn't buy a uku with less than a 36mm nut. String spacing is a factor too, but I think there is a minimum for big fingered folks like me.
  14. Neil_O

Strap Pros and Cons?

My main couch guitar doesn't have an endpin button, to protect the leather from getting poked.
  15. Neil_O

Caution to UU people buying/selling on a WTB ad

Hmm, I have felt every purchase using friends and family to be an exercise in trust.