Recent content by Nickie

1. Nickie

NUD: EJ Henderson, Red Spruce and Maple Tenor

Beautiful! Love the headstock design. You can't get much prettier wood than maple. Congrats!
  2. Nickie

Did anyone else name their ukulele?

I named one of mine once, then promptly forgot the damned name. I said "the hell with it", after that.
  3. Nickie

Is it still UAS if you buy a uke for someone else?

I see. I too, am a people person. If I go too long without seeing a friend, I will call her on the phone, just to yack. When the Mother Pluckers meet, two of us will say we haven't touched the music since last meeting. When I was instructor in the library lending prgram for beginners, many would...
  4. Nickie

Well, I have to ask you....do you just think that, or did she tell you that? You might wanna ask her....never assume anything with us gals....
  5. Nickie

disappointed in my new Kamaka HF-2 Concert Ukulele

I tried one set of nylon strings, hated em. I'll never be a professional musician....
  6. Nickie

Legal advice

Another reason I never liked the Eagles...our band won't cover any of their songs, at my request.
  7. Nickie

My wife just told me what she wants for her BD next month, and it has nothing to do with ukulele, of course, she just acquired two more guitars.... She's getting a new dremel tool.
  8. Nickie

Hello Everyone, Lots of Love from India!

Welcome to UU. Keep makin' music!
  9. Nickie

Ah, I understand. I wouldn't like them either, I'm a lousy player.
  10. Nickie

Ohana TPK-25G Small Scale Sopranino

Thanks for another great review, Baz. I've seen so many of them, I can usually tell right off by the look on your face if you liked it or not.
  11. Nickie

You know, if she is like most of us, a nicer ukulele is gonna make her play more....just a thought.
  12. Nickie

This kinda makes me think....I wonder why the oldest ukulele builder in the world would use a substandard string set? Is it saving them any money? This is the third complaint I've heard/read lately on a K brand ukulele. Of course, there are thousands out there with no problems.
  13. Nickie

Is it still UAS if I want one with completely different tuning...?

I don't think it is. Who wants to do all that tuning?
  14. Nickie

Rebel Invictus NUD

Congratulations! That should make your finger heal faster!
  15. Nickie

NUD: Flight Carabao Concert (SUS exclusive)

Congratulations! I can tell that the people at Flight know what they're doing.