Recent content by octopusike

1. octopusike

Dreadlocks! :)

My wife and I decided to start our dreadlocks. We are not going for those nasty dirty dreads. We use a residue free shampoo, a scalp moisturizing spray and for that crazy itch that happens once in a blue moon scalpotin. The residue free shampoo takes out residue. When I started using it it...
  2. octopusike

Quick samples of new ukuleles

Hey all, Just got my new uke yesterday a posted a quick review of the Les Paul Ukulele and my Lanikai Monkey Pod Cutaway. Filmed on Iphone so not the very best sound, but it is what is. Thanks
  3. octopusike

OctopusIke Engagement Video!

Not sure I am even posting in the correct location. Not a ukulele video, but my first set of youtube videos of my engagement yesterday! I am so excited!
  4. octopusike

Song Help Request Songs that sound good in Low G

Hello, I switched to low g along time ago. I play all songs in low g now. I have tried to go back to high g but I cannot. Iz played Over the Rainbow in low g and it might be a great start to get the ear for low g. I love a little bit of bass coming out of my little ukes.
  5. octopusike

Need help choosing between two ukes!

I can get either for a great deal, but I am a torn. 1. is the Lanikai SMP-TCA Solid Monkey Pod Tenor Cutaway and the 2. Lanikai SZW-TCA Cutaway Zebrawood Tenor Acoustic. Link is http://www.lanikaiukes.com/exotic_series.html. I think I am leaning toward the zebra.... but am not sure. Friends...
  6. octopusike

Song Help Request Lion king songs!

Just got done and my eyes are bloodshot. Ha ha ha G C/G G D/G G C/G D/G G [Simba:] I'm gonna be a mighty king So enemies beware! C [Zazu:] Well, I've never seen a king of beasts G With quite so little hair [Simba:] I'm...
  7. octopusike

Haven't been meaning to leave you hanging on Just can't wait to be king. I know I can tab or chord it. I work till midnight and will see if I can get the posted later tonight.
  8. octopusike

I have gone into seclusion.... well at work that is. I have a secret passion for Disney... probably equal with the ukulele. I will try and post some as soon as I am able to. :)
  9. octopusike

Low G String

I have been playing with Standard G tuning as well as Low G tuning for awhile. I switched to a Low G mentally all the way without knowing it till yesterday. If you are in a colder climate like I am in Utah I would recommend loosening your strings if you travel. The car was nice and warm the...
  10. octopusike

Mash?

For sure, let me know how you like it or have suggestions. I was working from memory from about the first year I played bass and learned it for the bass to be silly. Sounded good to me on the bass though.
  11. octopusike

Mash?

No problem.... I used to play this for fun when I played bass. Was different working the song out for ukulele. Fun little piece to play though.
  12. octopusike

Mash?

This one goes out for my buddy MM Stan! :D I am a TV theme junky. I hated Mash growing up, but becoming a night own I really got hooked on the show and love it still. If you like Alan Alda check out Scientific American Frontiers! Here is my best go at the song for low g tuning. M.A.S.H. Theme...
  13. octopusike

Scales!!??!!!!????

This is not per say a question on scales themselves. I have endless amounts of books on scales. Scales to me are just boring to learn. Any suggestions to help make them less boring. I some books I am pounding into my head with music theory that are really fun for me to learn for some reason. I...
  14. octopusike

Uke Flash Cards!!!!????

So.... as if my life is not busy enough. I am learning theory, chords/variants and scales. I just got a dang cool multi-purpose printer with scan to pdf and all sort of craziness. I have been trying to make my own flashcards for regular c and low g tunings. ***I wanted to see some input as I...
  15. octopusike

Utah Ukelele Players Meeting

New ukulele meeting at Sprauge Library this Saturday 10/24/2010. Starts at 10am indoors. More info at http://www.utahukuleles.com/ I am not sure if I am able to make it to this one as I work an evening shift, but I will try and it's always a blast. Hope to see you there!
Top Bottom