Recent content by ohmless

1. ohmless

#319 Spring Soul

Welcome to season #319. It is inspired from a minor tragedy that occurred. Last month my 35 year old Drifters Golden Hits cassette tape died that my now deceased father and I both listened to for ages. I also dreadfully missed the opportunity to contribute to the Summer Soul season that...
  2. ohmless

A word of caution!

For background I have been playing for about 4.5 years and have had my hands on about 50 ukes during that time. Hopefully this anecdote can save an injury for someone if this occurs across the whole line. I was interested in getting a soprano Fender Venice and tried one out at my local GC...
  3. ohmless

factory pickup comparison?

Both ukes I am considering are similarly featured and the main comparison IMHO is the factory installed pickup. I can't find a review or comparison online of the two pickups I am considering: the fishman that is in lanikai ukes and the kala pickup. I can't compare both due to lack of local...
  4. ohmless

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

looks like i won the auction and it only cost me 30 dollars with shipping! there is some cheap stuff at shopgoodwill.com (where I got it). I can live with the spinet having a few bits of road wear from some kid having fun with it before I got it.
  5. ohmless

Ghost Speculation

Anyone want to chime in/speculate on the future of the band Ghost? I was a big fan of theirs over the last couple years and hope the party isn't over.
  6. ohmless

Season 294

I can go with this. Here is Frank for some inspiration:
  7. ohmless

2nd Gen Soprano Risa Stick (w geared tuners)

selling my beloved risa stick soprano with geared tuners to raise money for a hybrid acoustic/electric that I couldn't otherwise afford. In perfect working order. Some minor denting on the back of the uke from the strap that is hardly noticable because the wood is so pale. Still very...
  8. ohmless

Season #217 Shiny Happy 90's Party

I was going to have a season of people playing the top 30 artists on my playlists but the list ended up being 50 that I wanted to hear from! Also a great number of the artists were around in the 1990's so thought that would be more thematic. I wasn't really into music until the 1990's when...
  9. ohmless

Seson 192 Video Games Killed the Radio Star

Week 192's Theme: Cover a song that has been in a video game, or about video games. I would love if people could try to make musical accompaniment with non-musical instruments like the people that play the music genre games, so get creative for bonus points. Some popular titles for music...
  10. ohmless

Audio/Video conversion issues

Hello I am having issues with the music not syncing with the video after taking the audio from the recorded video and the audio not matching the video after editing when I try to recombine the video with the audio. I was recommended to use a program called handbrake to convert the video to a...
  11. ohmless

small/quiet practise uke

cost is about 25 dollars in the states and available online I am sure. It is a plastic uke with lots of bracing so it is quieter, but not quite silent.
  12. ohmless

Song Help Request help with beautiful boy lennon

I haven't looked online for that song in particular, but there is a John Lennon uke songbook that I am buying next month and it has Beautiful Boy in it. It is called Uke 'an Play: John Lennon. Don't know if it comes with a CD or not, but I don't use the CDs anyways.
  13. ohmless

Ukulele with Wah pedal demonstration

Tough to not make wah faces when playing with it. haha No other effects were used. Just ukulele into the wah and then straight into the Focusrite 2i2 DI box. This is me depressing the pedal every other quarter roughly(gots to expect it to be rough the first try!)
  14. ohmless

Fish and Chips as preamp?

Hello. I was looking for a signal booster for my passive risa stick as I read there can be a low signal with a longer cable run of over ten feet. My current run is short(2 meters) to compensate and works fine currently, but I am looking to build a pedal board and know that each pedal will add...
  15. ohmless

just wondering...seasonal anticipation syndrone

since it is about that time and there were similar guesses, my guess was maybelle carter style songs.
Top Bottom