Recent content by Old Bird

1. Old Bird

Considering a move to Honolulu, what to expect?

I've been self employed for quite a while, and my business is actually doing well. But with my kids now it's time to start considering quality of life more than income. 80-100 hours a week of work doesn't leave much time left for family. :( So I started searching recently and the first perfect...
  2. Old Bird

Harder than it looks!

Ok, I finally got my uke, got a tuner, tuned it up, and sat down to play "The Girl from Epanema." :stop: Yes, playing guitar years ago helps my fingers find their way, but it ain't easy! I think I need to start with something easier! :shaka: I'm thinking of going for Adam Sandler's "Grow Old...
  3. Old Bird

Anyone live in or around Stoneham, MA?

I'm considering a job in Stoneham, and I wanted to get an idea of the area. Good place to live? Good schools? Stuff to do for the kids? Extreme weather? I'm a western boy, so I'm not used to eastern seaboard weather at all! I've also got four small kids and want to be sure it would be a good...
  4. Old Bird

My first uke is here!

I wish I had found this site before I ordered this one, but it'll do for now. I got an Applause SM-10 soprano by Ovation. I've had several Ovation guitars in the past and really liked their tone and playability. The uke has a very nice, bright tone and the sound is good, but the rounded back...