Recent content by patfia

1. P

Fingerstyle book

Does anyone have the Rob MacKillop Easy Fingerstyle Studies book? http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Fingerstyle-Studies-Ukulele-Book/dp/078668397X/ref=lh_ni_t What do you think? I have the Mark Nelson fingerstyle book and it requires more concentration than I have available. But then again, maybe the...
  2. P

Tsunami warning - Hawaii and West Coast

Hope all of you in the path stay safe as well as those in the earthquake area in BC. For those of you not tapped in, there was a 7.7 earthquake in the Queen Charlotte Islands in British Columbia. Windward side of the islands at greatest risk. Maui County has already turned off water to protect...
  3. P

Old-Time pdfs and Hawaiian pdfs

Unfortunately I get a virus warning for both sources. Browser = Chrome. The mediafire source just shows me code referencing Bit Defender. Anyone else have similar problems?
  4. P

Ko'olau vs. Kanilea concert

A request for anyone who has played both Ko'olau and Kanilea concerts ... please share your impressions, sound, playability, feel, anything else. Thank you. :)
  5. P

How do you like those Willie Wixom Ukes?

Haven't seen anything since the flurry of activity earlier this month about Willie Wixom's ukes. How do you like them now that you've had some playing time? Do you think they compare favorably with the K's or the other relatively affordable customs like Donaldson and MP? Thank you.
  6. P

Dull E string

E string on my Makai TK55 tenor is dull sounding up through the 3rd fret. 4th fret on, it rings like a bell like the other strings. Intonation seems to be good all the way up the fretboard. Bought it from HMS and they did the setup. Nut seems to be angled slightly with the high side at G and the...
  7. P

Honu vs. Big Island Koa Tenor

Other than the aesthetics between these two lines from Big Island Ukulele, I'm trying to figure out the difference between them. http://www.bigislandukulele.com/products/index.html Would appreciate if anyone who's had an opportunity to play both could share how each of them sound, the...
Top Bottom