Recent content by paulmg

1. P

SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

Found Playlist, it's part of your video🥴
  2. P

SOTU 633: Time is on my side (yes it is)

Hi Paul, here is my cover of "By The Time I Get to Phoenix" by Jimmy Webb. It a lovely little song made popular by Glenn Campbell. PS I can't seem to find your PLAYLIST?
  3. P

Season 626 - Body language

Hi there, thanks for hosting this week. My first thought was the Nina Simone song " Ain't Got No" it mentions all body parts! I realised that I already had a song that mentions body bits. Recently I have been liking old Bee Gees stuff, especially this one, "I Started a Joke" Cheers Paul
  4. P

SEASON 623: "ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE!"

Hi Lil, or is it Val? Anyway thanks for stepping up and hosting this week. I wanted to do something Positive as a lot of my material is a bit downbeat. Racking my brain I remember this from my youth. I was never a Cliff Richard fan, although I love Shadows stuff, but this tune is so upbeat you...
  5. P

Season 621 - A Grand Tour of the Cosmos

Hi, thanks for hosting "ukudancer", love the poster! I would like to present "Armstrong" written by John Stewart. A song about Neil Armstrong stepping on the moon, but highlighting the inequities here on Earth. The original ending is - "And I wonder if a long time ago Somewhere in the universe...
  6. P

Season 618 - Seasonal Songs

Hi, here is my take on SOTU 618, Seasonal Greetings. I am a reasonably keen cyclist and usually around this time of year the various groups I cycle with have get togethers and often I sing this tune. I "wrote" this maybe eight years ago and have changed it a bit over the years. I have done a...
  7. P

SOTU 617: Bells And Whistles

Very cute Joo, I love it🥰 When I first saw your post I thought you were going to cover a tune from the band Pavlov's Dog off their 2nd album called "At the Sound of the Bell".
  8. P

Season 616: December Will Be Magic Again

Hi JT et al. Here is my submission for SOTU 616 - December Magic. I thought someone would have grabbed it already, "Puff The Magic Dragon" written and sung by Peter, Paul and Mary. Quite a sad song actually, this version has a happy ending:) A lot of people said the lyrics had alternative...
  9. P

Season 611 - Boys and Girls (And for One Night only)….

That is a fantastic first offering, well done and I look forward to more!
  10. P

SOTU 601 -- Sealife

Thanks for hosting Ila and congratulations on the Anniversary! I would like to submit a song called "It Ain't Necessarily So" written by George and Ira Gerswhin and Dubose and Dorothy Heyward. First performed on recording by Lavernie Tibbett in 1935. From the musical Porgy and Bess. When I did...
  11. P

SOTU 598 ... "THERE ARE FAIRIES AT THE BOTTOM OF OUR GARDEN!"

Thanks for hosting Lil, I would like to present "Ghost Riders in the Sky" it sort of fits the bill? I am trying to be clever and add some reverb and extra on the "yippy i o" bits. Ha!
  12. P

Season 596: There are more questions than answers

Hi I would like to present "Where Do You Go To, My Lovely" by Peter Sarstedt. Released 1969. Fun fact Peter Sarsedt released a sequel in 1997 "The Last of The Breed (Lovely 2)" Sarstedt had a follow up hit "Frozen Orange Juice" which reached 10 in UK.
  13. P

Seasons of Suggestions: A Conversation Starter Toward Making the Awesome Seasons Awesomer

As an in and out participant, I agree having its own forum a positive and also I like the idea of more comprehensive FAQs. I know that sign up for future seasons is a separate forum, and what topics have been covered is somewhere? This could all be linked? In regard to comments, maybe we could...
  14. P

SOTU 589 - Wedding Bells

Hi there, thanks Amanda for hosting this week. Wedding Bells. I would like to add "The White Cliffs of Dover" This is a "blue" tune! A WW2 era song made famouse by Vera Lynn. I have no particular passion for the song, aparts from the fact I vaguely new the words. Actually I was originally going...
  15. P

season 588 - an australian selection

Here is a John Williamson tune "Cootamundra Wattle" I was out in our yard today and noticed our wattles are just starting to bloom :) A bit of time pressure and fluffed it a bit near the end, oh well.
Top Bottom