Recent content by peaceweaver3

1. P

Be the Change Songwriting Challenge

Just passing this on for anyone who'd like to participate. Not a contest, but a challenge and an opportunity to make a difference through songwriting. http://www.songu.com/beTheChange.htm If you write a song, please post the link here! It would be fun to have some UU participation.
  2. P

Narrow fret wire

I've always loved the fret wires on Flukes and Fleas, but never played another uke where they were that narrow, or low either. I've seen fret wires on ukes called "medium," but have no idea what that means. :o So my curious question is, which ukes have you found that have narrow and/or low fret...
  3. P

Uke with Poetry

Does anyone else recite poetry with uke accompaniment? And/or write about the uke? I don't think I've written anything uke-specific. But I do recite poems with uke accompaniment. So, anyone want to share? Thought I'd post this here instead of Uke Talk because I hope you'll post links! :)
  4. P

Really Been Loved - Original Song

Because this song is fun to play and I had to share. :D https://soundcloud.com/peaceweaver3/really-been-loved
  5. P

WTB Tiny Tenor Spruce/Mahogany

Have a Romero Creations Tiny Tenor you want to re-home? I'm looking for the spruce top/mahogany back/sides model. If you have one, please PM with condition and asking price and whether a bag or case is included. To me this is the ultimate non-traditional, portable acoustic uke in my own...
  6. P

FS best offer: Concert Flea w/ Hardwood Fretboard + Pickup

FS: Concert Flea w/ Hardwood Fretboard + Pickup For sale is a much loved concert Flea with B-Band pickup. It has some strum marks and fretboard indentations from the previous owner. Neither affects playability or intonation, and I think if fretting fingernails are kept trimmed, there won't be...
  7. P

FS: Portable recording booth, Blue Snowball mic, software

$250 includes booth, mic, software and UPS Ground shipping within the continental United States. PayPal preferred. The PortaBooth Pro is a mobile recording booth. Assembled, the dimensions are 20" w x 21" h x 16" d. It folds to 20" w x 21" h x 7" d, and weighs 7 lb. The outside is 600 denier...
  8. P

Spice of Life, original spiritual

https://soundcloud.com/peaceweaver3/spice-of-life A Spirit-centered waltz, vocals with concert Flea. There's something relaxing/sleepy about it. :)
  9. P

Clara vs. Flea - Pros, cons, feedback please

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm mostly asking this because I'm blind thus can't see the Clara's shape, and don't have the chance to play one. So, regarding care, volume and tone, how does the Clara compare to the Flea? And would someone mind describing the Clara shape? I wonder too...
  10. P

How to fix fretboard ware?

I have a new to me, old uke with some pretty big indentations from fretting. It has a hardwood fretboard, possibly rosewood but not sure. Frets are metal. I haven't noticed intonation problems or any structural damage. But I was surprised when I changed strings, to find these fretting marks...
  11. P

Lady Athenry (O'Carolan)

I enjoyed this. I played harp for several years until I wondered why I was lugging around such an awkward instrument... O'Carolan has always been one of my favorites.
  12. P

NUD Mainland red cedar tenor

Actually it was last Monday, but I didn't want to post a NUD without any proof. :D Sound sample (if you're offended by spiritual content, don't click. I'm a music minister, and such originals are what you get.) https://soundcloud.com/peaceweaver3/lyric Most of you know Mainland's specs by now...
  13. P

FS: Aquila wound low G Tenor Sets + Mobius Strap

I have 2 new, unopened sets of Aquila wound low G tenor strings. And a new Mobius Strap. I tried it out, and it works best for a uke I don't like. :o Note that the uke needs a waist to use the strap; and resonators, etc. may be too bottom-heavy for the Mobius. As for the strings, I just don't...
  14. P

WTB Mainland Tenor

Just as the title says... :o Looking for a Mainland tenor. My ideal is red cedar w/ Mi-Si. But will consider any, as long as it's a Mainland, has well dressed frets, good intonation, med to low action, and projects well. Somebody wants to rotate out a tenor and who knows, it could be you...
  15. P

How does tonewood affect amplified sound?

It's been asked before how installing an undersaddle pickup affects acoustic sound. But that's about all I can find. I'm still wondering how the soundboard wood affects the amplified sound. If it matters... The uke will be a Mainland tenor, and the pickup, the Mi-Si. I'm new to both. So to...
Top Bottom