Recent content by PhilUSAFRet

1. PhilUSAFRet

Anyone play Kalimba?

I have a kalimba key set I bought on ebay and a soprano ukulele kit body. Planning on installing the tines where the bridge goes and holding the body at the waste. Installing a pickup as well. Quite simple.
  2. PhilUSAFRet

Low G Baritone Strings (GCEA) Options?

Linear is gCEA
  3. PhilUSAFRet

Review:Aklot Solid Acacia Gloss Concert Ukulele

Your comments make me wonder how a low g would make it sound.
  4. PhilUSAFRet

SOLD: Blackbird Clara

Considering
  5. PhilUSAFRet

ukulele with no bracing or kerfling

Listened to a non-braced concert size pineapple uke. Gives some Romero's competition in loudness and tone (right up until the time the soundboard cracks?)
  6. PhilUSAFRet

Anyone ever use a Boss Super Octave OC-3 pedal

I can tell you the EHX Bass9 does very little for the 1st and 2nd strings of my ukes.
  7. PhilUSAFRet

Romero ST-Concert Penney Lane tuning

I got a Romero ST Concert with a laminate mahogany body and solid spruce top. It has the Romero low g tuning with wound low g. Sound is HUGE, and loud, otherwise sounds very good but I can't help wonder what it would sound like with high g tuning. Wonder what strings would sound best in the...
  8. PhilUSAFRet

Gloss dark mahogany, gloss concert with tortoise binding a' la Martin 1

Saw this selling in Europe. Available by another name? Another manufacturer making one similar? VTAB FL-C15 Concert Ukulele, Mahogany Gloss
  9. PhilUSAFRet

Behringer Synthesizer (TD-3-SR

Anyone use this to provide a bassline behind your uke playing. Won't be using a computer with it. https://www.behringer.com/product.html;jsessionid=59974AF8185BAE0C8231E892B127A966?modelCode=P0DTD
  10. PhilUSAFRet

Strings Ukulele String Comparisons Spreadsheet

It's 6 years later...……...thank you, just what I needed. Updated version?
  11. PhilUSAFRet

Easier E Major???

Just found Reba's "Freedom" and copied it for uke. They show the E, starting on the first fret as 1, 2, 4. What am I playing? Not sure I want to go back to playing the traditional EM. Sounds at least as good to my ears.
  12. PhilUSAFRet

Waiting for chords, lyrics for WINTER LIGHT

Heard this song tonight on TV watching "The Village". Gramercy Arms Winter Light by Doug Gillard. Can hardly wait to get them and learn this song. If it's out there, multiple searches didn't reveal it.
  13. PhilUSAFRet

Turn an ordinary strap into a Banjo Uke strap

I bought a bag of small, 1 3/4" - 2" aluminum carabiners a while back. I have several standard uke/guitar straps but needed a banjo uke strap. Voila, these fit through the slot intended for strap buttons. Works great.
  14. PhilUSAFRet

Anyone have the new cordoba mini ii bass mh-e ?

Let's hear some reviews, demo?
  15. PhilUSAFRet

Aquila Tenor Lava strings on a lightly constructed Concert Uke

I have an older solid mahogany Mele 6 string concert I bought 3 or 4 years ago (it was several years old then). It has some old black strings, and needs a crack repair below the saddle. It still sounds amazingly bright and loud. It's built lightly with amazing resonance and projection. I am...
Top Bottom