ukulelemana

The ‘ukulele is a very special instrument to me. I had my first exposure when I was about 8 years old when I took my first trip to Wailea on the island of Maui. I've continued going to Maui with my family for most of my life, so it's like a second home to me. Spending so much time there has exposed me to the beautiful sounds of the ‘ukulele and the Hawaiian music genre.

In 2017, I decided to try learning guitar as I had been struggling with stress, anxiety, and depression for a number of years. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get along with it from both a playability and community perspective. Fast forward about 6 months, I was sitting in Maui listening to a song played on the ‘ukulele, and it hit me..."Why am I not playing ‘ukulele?" I started doing research on what I should buy, but was having a hard time deciding what size, brand, and woods I should choose.

Fortunately I found Ukulele Underground and The Ukulele Site, and they were extremely helpful in giving me the info I needed. Next thing I know, I owned Kamaka and Kanile'a tenors.

As I grew more passionate for all things ‘ukulele and its amazing community of people, I started looking for any information I could find. While there are a lot of great resources out there, and an awesome book titled 'The Ukulele: A History' by John King and Jim Tranquada, there is a lot of information that's missing or out of date.

I started ‘Ukulele Mana to help share the spirit and passion we all have for this incredible instrument by serving as a primary resource for all things ‘ukulele! Whether you’re interested in it's history, information on luthiers and artists, or if you’re looking for your next uke or ‘ukulele-focused event, we’ve got the details! And if there’s something missing, let me know and I’ll look at getting it added! In the end, I hope this helps the ukulele community to connect, share, and grow!

Contact

Facebook
ukulelemana

Signature

Mike Tedesco
Founder
- Ukulele Mana
Follow Ukulele Mana on Instagram

My Current Ukes:

Tenitone: DeVine Reclaimed Redwood/Reclaimed Brazilian Rosewood
Tenor: Moore Bettah all 5A Master Grade Mango | Petros Curly Sinker Redwood/Curly Claro Walnut | Grimes all Master Grade Red Koa | Tyde all Master Grade Koa | Pegasus all Master Grade Koa | Pepe Romero 12-fret Moon Spruce/Brazilian Rosewood | Pepe Romero 12-fret Baby Grand Piano with reclaimed Adi/Mahogany | I’iwi Torrefied Spruce/Australian Blackwood | Kinnard Sinker Redwood/Quilted Maple | DaSilva James Hill Model Adirondack Spruce/4A Curly Koa | M’s Craft Kai all Curly Koa | Ko’olau Deluxe Western Red Cedar/Curly Koa | Kamaka Custom HF-3D2i Cedar/Walnut | Maui Music Deluxe all Curly Koa | Koaloha Custom Koa/Quilted Maple Sunburst | Beansprout Sitka Spruce/Quilted Koa | Mya-Moe all Master Grade Chocolate Heart Myrtle | Blackbird Farallon Sunburst
Concert: Koaloha Pineapple Sunday | 1930 Harmony Johnny Marvin Professional all mahogany
Soprano: I'iwi 1879 Torrefied Spruce/Koa | Koaloha KSM-T2 | Bohemian Oil Can Electric
Sopranino: Tyde Cherry/Rainbow Poplar

Following

Trophies

1. 10

I like it a lot

Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.
  2. 5

Keeps coming back

30 messages posted. You must like it here!
  3. 2

Somebody likes you

Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
  4. 1

First message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.