Recent content by Piecomics

1. P

Really nice song

And like the 5 year old I secretly am, I have to share it because I like it! this is Lily Marlene by the Tiger Lillies. They are a favorite band of mine and I had no idea that Martyn Jacques plays the uke on occasion.
  2. P

Wanted Metal Bodied Resophonic Tenor/Baritone Steel String Ukes - What’s Available?

I totally get that. I was referring to the shorter scale ones, these. https://royallguitars.com/product/royall-teardrop-tenor-singlecone-brass-body-resonator-burnished-brushed-copper-finish/ but probably not right for you, still 23”.
  3. P

Wanted Metal Bodied Resophonic Tenor/Baritone Steel String Ukes - What’s Available?

Its worth at least knowing about the royall resonator tenor guitars. They come in two different scale lengths, both longer than a normal bari but a similar scale as the pono nui. I have one and can say it is pretty great!
  4. P

Strap for Gold Tone Banjolele DLX

I'm frustrated that I can't figure this one out. I love the sound of this, but can't figure out how to put a strap on it. It has these little screws that I think are tighteners but it is too cramped for a normal strap. Any idea? actually while I'm at it, any thoughts on a way to (slightly)...
  5. P

Giovanni Albini's arrangements for classical ukulele

Patty, this is absolutely great, I ordered the second volume as I love Glass/Reich/Richter and any chance I get to play their stuff... thanks!
  6. P

Well - I survived playing a show!

I had asked for advice here and got some great advice, then the show was postponed a month so I just did it last Friday... It went well! (I think) Godin uke, battery powered bose PA, synthstrom deluge and an empress compression pedal. The Deluge was for some ambient background sounds and some...
  7. P

Advice on solid body uke - radius fretboard

Jim, I know about that one, and it is probably what I'll wind up with since I can't afford the pono and there don't seem to be other options, but I'd really like a radius, I'm finding it really cuts down on hand pain for me.
  8. P

Advice on solid body uke - radius fretboard

I have a godin uke that I use for high g. Now that I'm starting to play out more, I'm finding I need a reliable low g 'plug innable' (that's the technical term we musicians use) to my amp. Ideally I'm looking for something solid body, already set up for low g, and with a radius fretboard. And...
  9. P

Emerald Guitars makes a uke/harp made entirely from carbon fiber.

Yeah, there is a point where I'm just going to order a 13 course lute...
  10. P

Emerald Guitars makes a uke/harp made entirely from carbon fiber.

I have one. I very much recommend it. Even without playing the harp strings they give a richness to the overall sound that i was really surprised by. I think for what you are getting the price is reasonable. Happy to answer any questions.
  11. P

Changing strings on an emerald harp ukulele

Thanks so much everyone! I wound up finding a bead in my 11 year old's collection that fit perfectly. I feel a little silly that I didn't think of this but... It has been very tentatively tuned up to pitch twice with no snaps!
  12. P

That’s a picture of it, the bead won’t fit in the groove at all.
  13. P

At some point recently, one of my strings on my harp ukulele snapped. There was a bead that cracked in half. I messaged the company, and they told me to buy a regular bead for a guitar, but it is not fitting into the slot correctly/I cannot figure out how to change the string. Has anyone who has...
  14. P

Sold Ukulele Lute New from Cripple Creek Mandolins

Sent you a private message
Top Bottom