Recent content by Pine Apple Slim

1. Pine Apple Slim

My new uke

Or my wife's actually, since it came from Mother in Laws house. Free. I just had to buy the new tuners and a set of strings. Old late 60s Harmony. Bakalite fretboard & frets. Almost no wear. Sounds pretty sweet!
  2. Pine Apple Slim

Souce for Mi Si ?

When I 1st started considering one of these, I think Elderly carried them but seems no more. All I can find on the web anywhere is their guitar pickups. Anybody know a good place to order one? Also need a cheapo gig bag and inexpensive clip on tuner, would like to get it all at same place. Thanks
  3. Pine Apple Slim

Stripped friction tuner screw?

Cure for this? New screw? Replacement tuner(s)? Inherited an old Harmony Soprano worth some TLC if I can get this one tuner to hold.
  4. Pine Apple Slim

Calling all N Alabama Ukers

Guys you'll have to do it without me Sunday. Its Sat night and Im at the Hosp. w/my Dad, emergency room, admitted. CAT shows not stoke but hes not a well man. 80 w lots of health problems. My Sunday is gonna be full. Sorry maybe some other time. Edit: Just talked to Dr. His kidney function is...
  5. Pine Apple Slim

Just an hr or 2 would be great, looking forward.
  6. Pine Apple Slim

Decatur Ukers: I have been unable to contact my picking buddy. Maybe I can contact him before Sun. but Im still game for Sun afternoon at Rhodes Ferry/Daily Brew. Even if its only 2 or 3 of us it would still be fun to compare ukes and pick a few tunes. How does 2:00 sound? Remember thats the...
  7. Pine Apple Slim

This Sunday afternoon is doable for me. Ill check with my picking buddy and post tomorrow night.
  8. Pine Apple Slim

Bad usless UAS for a uBass

And I need it like a hole in the head really. I have an upright and a slab. Havnt really played bass in a group in 2-3 yrs to speak of. I do use the upright in my acoustic duo for a set, & this would be much easier. Id want a smaller but nice amp to pair with it. My old SWR WM12 would work but...
  9. Pine Apple Slim

soulpowerbreaks and Gmoney, I have a picking buddy who has a tenor, I have a super soprano. How about a Sat or Sun afternoon meet-up soon, when the weather breaks, maybe outside at the Daily Brew, or the park nextdoor? We can keep in touch on this thread.
  10. Pine Apple Slim

Hartselle, Decatur, Huntsville, Cullam, Athens, & surrounding areas. Anybody interested in maybe putting together a group, or maybe just a monthly jam session?
  11. Pine Apple Slim

Some vids I made today

Just goofin off & havin fun! Have fun or be annoyed....
  12. Pine Apple Slim

CAGED System for uke?

Asked this in another thread, but I think it deserves its own thread. Somewhere on the net, is there anyone who has broken the C reiterant neck down into a few simple moveable chord shapes/families? The same basic concept as the CAGED system for guitar? I'm in the process of working all this...
  13. Pine Apple Slim

7 inches of snow this am in North AL

A winter wonderland. We're all snuggled in with supplies and power. Im lovin it! I'll get to learn a few more ukulele tunes today. Beats work on any Monday!:D:cheers:
  14. Pine Apple Slim

Some Johnny Rivers for You

15. Pine Apple Slim

My 1st Uke Video

My 1st cover on my new aNueNue long Neck Soprano. Please scuse the sound quality, its a new webcam and I havnt figure out how to adj the mic sensitivity. Also please excuse the overdone song. I only heard it a couple of weeks ago, even tho the orig vid came from my hometown news! I know, I live...
Top Bottom